how many cigarettes before 12 hour flight?

Discussion in 'General' started by Deleted member 979069, Feb 27, 2017.

1. i smoke just a little over a pack a day, and im going to see family, but iv never been in a 12 hour flight so can anyone recommend on how many cigarettes i should smoke at the airport before my flight? thanks

2. It won't matter. What I recommend is nicotine lozenges. The name brand is Commit, but everybody now sells generic versions. I was actually able to quit a 3 pack a day habit using them. But they are a godsend for something like you're talking about.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I don't smoke (cigs) so I can't relate to that addiction but with vapes, nicotine patches, gum, etc I'm sure you can use some combination of those things to make it work.

• Like Like x 1
  4. fuck me that's crazy, glad you quit.

5. I dont smoke but I would say buy some nicotine patches and use a few on the flight (Not sure if you can bring them on the flight though but I would assume you can)

6. Just rock out cold turkey...12 hours man. Hit the crazy switch...

Either that or head to your doctor and tell them you have a terrible fear of flights...they'll give you something to make you basically sleep and not give a shit for 12 hours.

7. What did your lungs feel like in the morning smoking that much.
    When i worked construction i used to smoke a pack a day usually... mainly because it made work go by.
    I probably do a half pack, maybe little over these days... but i wake up often and my lungs feel raw until i have that first cig. Not good.

8. Chewing tobacco is fun

9. I had the cigs and lighter right next to the bed. When I woke up, I'd sit up on the side of the bed, light one and then stood up. If I got up to pee in the middle of the night, I'd light one before I did anything. Really sucked.

10. i gotta have one after i eat something, smoke weed, or have an alcoholic drink plus the random ones periodically... AND driving is a killer.... usually one every 10-15miles. Of course, the one when i wake up too. and one before bed.

11. same, i cant eat unless I smoke first or anything really

12. Vape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG S7 using Crapatalk

13. I dont think vapes fly on airplanes...

sorry, bad pun.

14. Oh yrah, that's right. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG S7 using Crapatalk

15. Do any airlines still allow smoking? I know in the U.S., domestic flights are a solid no. But back in 1999 I was traveling to the pac rim. I was able to book the first leg on JAL which still allowed smoking, it seemed, as soon as the wheels left the ground. Second leg was Tokyo to Taipei and we were allowed to smoke until we entered Taiwan air space. All the other flights I took, Taipei to Hong Kong, Hong Kong to Beijing, Beijing to Tokyo and finally back to Chicago, all allowed smoking.

16. I used to grab a tin of Swedish snus for long plane trips. I vape now, no more cigs. So I'm pretty much good now. Snus isn't messy like dip. I had an allergic reaction to the patch.

17. Do some coke before flight ... Youll forget about cigs

• Like Like x 1