how many CFL bulbs do i need

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jayjay5396, Oct 13, 2012.

1. i would like to use CFL for vegging and my HPS for flowering.

hopefully reducing the cost of my bill, i only grow 2 at a time so how many cfl bulbs do i need?

and also you guys confuse me some say i need 6400 others say 6500 but which is which???

2. i went to walmart and got 2 of the 10 dollar grow lights they are 6400k and they work great i just finished my first ever grow outside so im still learning on the indoor but i will not even be using hps ill be adding 3 or 4 2500k cfl bulbs to the lighting giving me a total of about 400 watts on 2 small plants that will be about 2 ft tall and super bushy when its complete ill post a diy on how i did my box

3. ok so 2 blue is enough for veg alright i'll get some, wanted LED but need more money cfl are cheaper

4. Anything above 6000K is fine to use for veg. General rule of thumb thrown around gc is.. 100w for 1 plant, add 50 more watts for each extra plant.

5. enough CFL's to defeat the purpose of investing in CFL's

6. [quote name='"hope2toke"']enough CFL's to defeat the purpose of investing in CFL's[/quote]

True. I'd get an mh conversion bulb.

That's what I got for my 400w hps htg ballast, working great so far.

7. i know Mh and HPS are better bulbs and id carry on using them but it costs alot to run the heat is unbelievable cant have it on all day thats why i wanna change to CFL or LED.

i already have 3 LED panals but they only 14w each so plant ends up dying after a month, to use those am gonna need an additional 90w LED ufo but means i need to save up more money

nearly had a ufo yesterday but i was £9 short of money.