Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How many actually care about cannabis legalization?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by danczwflowrz, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Honestly the main reason for my wanting legalization is for the convenience lol...id much rather go to the dispensary and grab some bud rather having to deal with someoneSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I want to be able to post up outside and just light up a jay without rubbernecking around for cops.

• Like Like x 1
  3. With this petition (just like Colorado/Washington), you can as long as it's your own property.

There will always be laws on public consumption, just like alcohol. HOWEVER, smoking a jay takes 5-10 minutes and can look similar to a cigarette, whereas alcohol is a continuous activity. Chances of getting caught are incredibly slim and it'd be a small fine, not a trip to the county jail/go on your record.

4. I live in California and have a very valid reason that many other probably have as well. We want it DECRIMINALIZED not legalized.

• Like Like x 2
  5. #25 ShaggyGreen, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014
    Society and America waiting too long to legalize on a federal level has corrupted the entire purity of the use of hemp. Sad really...it's a bigger business to criminals that letting it grow legal makes it seem like it is greed and pride over their so-called 'empire' rather going legit.This is the same problem recognized in early stages of alcohol prohibition giving the change to the law; if stoners could just have bootlegged gunfights in their haze this would have changed years ago! Trust in the public not to abuse weed sounds a bit like a lack of freedom and true justice towards the benefits it could give society as a whole...in my opinion at least. And hell yes I care a lot about legalization after witnessing the red neck mentality in the Midwest. Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

6. #26 danczwflowrz, Jan 21, 2014
    Why don't you say the actual reason so we can hear it? We'd love to here it.

I personally don't know a single cannabis supporter that has a valid reason for keeping it illegal except for growers who say the government will take from them if legalized, so they instead take from the people. Great rationale by their standards.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I always said I wanted legal weed. I mean I do, but it does have some annoying drawbacks, for eg. the crime element that someone posted earlier in this thread.

I always pictured pot shops opening in UK and some thugs just shooting rpgs at them and shit because they stole their business.

In an ideal world they would just let you grow it and screw all the crime it could bring.

• Like Like x 1
    that will always be up to the employer...some dont allow cigarette smoking..as for legalization id like california's med system with a lowered drug classification

9. It's right there in my post if you actually took the time to read it...

10. All these problems you bring up could be solved if it weren't legalized but decriminalized. That's why we don't want it legalized. If you really wanted correct advocacy for marijuana use you would know the difference between these terms but like most other Americans you choose to be ignorant.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I live in cali Mendocino to be exact. I wanna see it legalized so towns stop trying to ban itSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. #32 Sgtstadanko707, Jan 21, 2014
    Who is stealing from the people. Your shitty middle man. Sorry he sucks. I would much rather buy a sac from
    My neighbor and help him out them some fat cat sitting a government office counting his checks as they tax the shit out of it.
    I love how stoners are so anti government until this lame excuse for legalization comes up. Then they belive the government is listening to what the people want. Lol. Stop kidding your self.

• Like Like x 1
  13. [quote name="foxforcefive" post="19370734" timestamp="1390172898"]I'd assume a majority of those 2 million stoners have medical cards. So they may be so content with this system that they simply don't care enough because they already have a medical card. [/quote] BINGO tell him what he's won jhonnySent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  14. Once it's legal for recreation in more states, prices will drop. So I care for convenience of mind and wallet.

15. Well it's legal in co and almost half the state is banning it sooo.....

16. [quote name="danczwflowrz" post="19374653" timestamp="1390239895"]Well I'm mad at Californians, not others. CA legalized medical mj, but is failing in full legalization.I mean, DO YOU GUYS REALLY STILL WANT TO BE TESTED BY YOUR EMPLOYERS??? Sorry for the caps, but come on fellow stoners & ganja lovers, think, think, think!!![/quote]Employers will always test for weed whether legalized or not. There may be a threshold but testing will continue. BubbaKush, BlueCheese, AKxWW,WhiteDoghttp://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1238083-bigrams-indoor-training.html/page-12

17. I'm an entrepreneur so i don't have to worry about this shit. Fucke drug tests and fuck someone talking down to u like there better.Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. #38 danczwflowrz, Jan 21, 2014

No, it will not. Employers will not be able to discriminate against cannabis users for employment, insurance, or impairment. Does anybody fucking read anymore? I'm not trying to be mean, but don't make accusations with no basis.

Section E: "(2) No person shall be required to submit to testing for inactive and/or inert residual cannabis metabolites as a condition of any right or privilege including, employment or insurance, nor may the presence of such metabolites be considered in determining employment, other impairment, or intoxication."

Yeah well obviously you can't be high at work, but that's not the point. It's about having any cannabis in your system. You don't get tested for alcohol, do you? If you're drunk at work, that's a huge no no. But your weekend business doesn't affect a business.
    </div> 
    Yeah, I'd rather buy from my neighbor too but lots of us don't have growers for neighbors. I don't know where you went off your train of thought around "how are stoners are anti-government" - don't know where you got that from, but it certainly wasn't me.

And the government is listening. The might not care about mj, but they know huge things are in swing right now. Did you not hear what Obama said a few days ago? Let me inform you: he said the legalization in Colorado/Washington is an EXPERIMENT and that it's mj is safer than alcohol. So yeah, better believe it, the government's fucking listening. The times are a changin.

RIGHT ON POINT! It takes time for prices to go down, as the free market needs time for suppliers to meet the demand of the consumers. Once there are enough, then they will have to fight for consumer rather than the other way around- that's why consumers are currently paying $60 for a top shelf 8th. It WILL go down, it takes time, just like any other market within an economy.

Cannabis is going to be legal whether people recognize it or not. People who fail to see the benefits haven't opened their eyes to the change that is taking place. You're either with cannabis or your not. If you want to keep it illegal, then stop smoking that dope, sign out of grasscity forums, and arrest your neighbor.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Legalizing something I do everyday will only make me look over my shoulder less.I already get exceptional prices and great strains.

20. Uhh...no. Supply & Demand would not be level for a couple of years.