How many 26watt CFL do i need?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bigdin0saur, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Hello everyone! I was told i would need some 26watt CFL 2700K softlight but i wasn't told how many i would need for one plant? my plant is about 2-3feet going through flowering stage. Can someone please tell me how many CFL i will be needing in my grow box? thank you! :wave:

2. 6 is a good number

3. #3 Duckyx, Apr 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2009
    im growing 4 with 6 26w daylights and 1 42w 2700k for veg. going to use 6 42ws for flower

4. 100w per plant is the general rule, with at least 50w for each additional plant.

So at least 4. I would suggest 4 5600k (daylight) and 1 or 2 2700k (Soft Light)

5. What are the daylight and softlight for? and would it make a difference if i used all 2700k or mixing it up is good?

6. As many as you can possibly fit in your budget and/or area.

6500k for veg, 2700k for flower.

You can get away with fewer for veg, but when it comes time to flower, if you want big buds, you gotta have lots and lots of light. CFLs are wimpy, 100 watts and 50 per additional plant is a good minimum figure. More is also better.

7. ahh. thanks alot everyone my grow box isnt that big so im probably gonna get 2 daylights and 2 softlights :D! you think thats good enough?