How low can you go?

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by ZEDHEDONIST, Oct 30, 2018.

1. I wonder why people tend to let their plants grow really tall during veg, upto a meter before the mesh and have a lot of uneccessary growth and pruning, wieght issues and basicaly lets face it, waste. I beleive in really low and really flat, yes i'm a scrogger, especially in a tent with limited height. These are at week 5 and are only a few inches from the top of the pot. I have a lot of room for bud and limited to no waste in stemage. Tip, Tie, Tip, Tie...repeat. Anywhoo it works for me & i just thought i'd share.
    upload_2018-10-31_1-46-37.jpeg
    upload_2018-10-31_1-47-10.jpeg
    upload_2018-10-31_1-48-40.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. looks good mate ,,youve showed that you dont need all that long stem ,,as you said 'keep them low' sounds right to me ,,,mac,,

• Like Like x 3
  3. Cheers mate.Appreciate the time and the comment. Very happy with my first indoor grow. PeaZe

4. hi ,,for a first grow it looks good mate ,canopy looks even growth etc ,,,id like to see the buds at harvest time so till then best of luck mate ,,,,,mac,,

5. Are you using your net as a support? If you flip to flower just at the net and weave your tops you'll get more tops also. IMG_20181108_194542200.jpg

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. yes, i use a pliable plastic mesh that i train all my main branches to. they take the whole weight of the grow. also as it is so low i find wieght distribution no problem. Thanks for your comment and pic, hope to see the outcome. cheerZ
    upload_2018-11-22_17-54-13.jpeg

7. Sneek peek: 1st indoor grow n keeping it low. Wk 5 Bloom: 4x4 HLG 550 v2, coco/perl, Professor's Nutrients, MamP 1 Sativa Dominant "mango" (Left) 1 Indica skunk x (mid top) and a Hybrid of mine called "Bubbles" (right). In the fore ground is a very happy new unknown veged under 12/12 (by accident) and starting to flower at 5 weeks. I can clearly see the mistakes i have made along the way but also some of the success as well. The buds go from the mesh up and the mesh is only 2 or 3 inches from the top of the pot. short thick stems good long bud and a couple of beauties. stil;l have a lot of headroom (approx 3/4 meter) for the sativa in the tent. and a lot more to learn. upload_2018-12-9_18-33-28.jpeg

8. My initial reaction to your words was but did you give enough time for root development. Pics cleared that right up (thick, short stems). Ya know what else is nice. Trimming colas is kinda fun. Trimming popcorn buds is work. Happy trails.

• Like Like x 3
  9. What a lovely comment. thanks. Trimming colas has such a sense of pride and acheivement, totaly agree. peaZe.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Well after many tribulations, errors and some good fortune here is the final day of my first indoor grow version of a Sativa Dominant Mango. I have learned so much all tthe way from not knowing how to use a light, through feeding, flushing, ph, E.C. down to the crucial environmental challenges and even some tragic losses. This thing survived all of that and more for nearly 6 mnths. But still reasonably proud enough to post a pic of her here. Yay for her & me! whew!

Attached Files:

11. Wow just look at the tentacles on that thing

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  12. Did you too this at all or just bend it over?

13. Hi thanks for asking...I did, i just released it a little while ago from the mesh and tied it up for support as it made flushing a heck of a lot easier.(and i needed the space and i messed it all up anyway, he) And i pretty much decided not to lock myself in like that in a small space anymore. Even though i maintain the "keeping it low" paradigm i have learned since the joys of short thick well shapped and much more manageble practices for the next go. Supercropping etc. Hope this answers your query. cheerZ

14. What do you mean other practices? Like main line? I’ve got some scrog screens built into my tubs. I’m trying to figure out if I should top next time or just bend it over and get the scrog full. I’m trying to improve on my scrogging by filling up the screen. I didn’t get enough of the screen filled as you can see. I bent my plant over to the side that’s filled but couldn’t get any branches to the other end of the screen I feel like if I topped I’d get the other side filled up. Any suggestions? [​IMG]

[​IMG]