how longto grow in veg state

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by scubadudeus, Mar 3, 2011.

1. knowing the each strain has its own characteristics...in general..How long are you growing your sog/scrog in veg state...if say your strain is a 9 wk flower? just wondering

2. you can veg however long you want. more vegging = larger plant during flowering. the general rule of thumb is your plant will double to triple in size when you switch to flowering. i believe the go-to veg length is about 1 month, but it's really up to you!

3. Sog and scrog are totally different. Sog is generally done with clones and given little to no veg time, scrog you basically veg until the screen is moslty full then flower. The time it takes depends on whether you are growing in soil or hydro, how much light you have on the plants, and the number of plants.

4. animus....thx. pretty much how i had figured...depends on individual

laylow....thx also...didnt realize that difference but makes sense.....all my ladies are clones taken from original 2 starts i was given huh...1 yr ago this month..now i'm experimenting to see which is best way for my ladies..also i am switching over from soil to areoponic/dwc...what i'm seeing dazzles me lol

5. 1/3 of the end height.