How long would it take for stores to start selling?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by bl2k, Oct 22, 2010.

1. I know the Prop goes into effect the next day and selling depends on which counties authorize it, but would there be stores already set up to start selling that next day in case it passes or would it take a good month or two? Also does anyone know if it is liquor/weed specific stores only that are going to be allowed to sell?

2. Prop would go into effect on November 3rd.
    Which means people can start growing in 25 sq ft and have an oz on them without a fine or trial(SB 1449 goes into effect January i believe)

The state is not handing out licenses just yet, and neither are the counties/cities. They would each need to adopt a set of guidelines and regulations which takes time, especially if it requires citizens to vote on it.

If you live in California, just think about how long it took for your county to license medical dispensaries after they became legal, and i would think there would be a comparable time frame.

Counties/cities can make regulations such that marijuana could only be sold in in a liquor or marijuana specific stores.(Same as why in some states/counties your local grocery store can sell beer, or just a liquor store can sell in certain neighborhoods)

3. fuck buying im growing !!!!

4. Then ill buy from you aslogn as you hook me up.

That's how 'pot-dealers' are born. :smoke:

5. it will be a while because every city can choose whether or not they want to allow sales, correct me if im wrong on that part

6. If it passes I give it 3-5 years before your gonna feel safe growing a 25ft plot.
    People are gonna be going to jail for growing,distribution etc.

I remember after the MMJ passed in 1996 people were getting busted, people that were dieing and needed weed cops dont give a fuck your gonna go to jail and your gonna have to pay to play.
    To many fuck faces make a good living off keeping things just how they are and will do what it takes to keep it that way as long as possible even if its been voted on-

7. Wasn't that Federal Law Enforcement doing that? Back then the MJ scene was not close to the size it is now. They can't even put a dent on people growing and selling and that is with Local law enforcement helping.

Cities like Oakland, Santa Cruz, Maybe San Fran and San Jose there will be places to buy it really soon after it passes but they will be hard to find out about

8. Eric Holden already said fuck no even if it passes-

9. With Erik's threat of federal prosecution there is little likelihood of any significant commercial production. The first ones on the radar are going to be the test cases and no one wants to have their investment confiscated by the DEA.
    Erik Holder is effectively forcing the green market to continue by keeping commercial production unable too supply enough to bring the prices down sufficiently to remove the profits from the cartels to dissuade their continued participation.
    It will only hurt the cartels if the small growers can produce enough to over supply the market.
    It must be the governments way of assuring Calderon that Mexico's crop this year will sell.