Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how long would it take for smell to get out my room

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by DullMind, Jun 18, 2015.

1. ok so im at my gramas house and i smoked 1 bowl 8 hours ago so im wondering of the smell should be gone i sprayed fabreez but it didnt open a window now im tripen that im gona get caught cus i woke up and smelled weed pls help

2. 2-3 hours max with an open window

3. Ahh I remember my days as a young stoner...the memories. Open a window, air that bitch out, smoke your nan out she'll love it. Smoke more weed to cover the smell of previous weed, let's face it, new burnt weed smell smells better than assaultive lingering burnt weed smell. Urm...gain enough strength in a few hours to move your room away from the house...erm...smoke enough weed to hotbox the neighbourhood, so she won't notice the new smell in the house OR just open the FUCKING WINDOW IN THE FIRST PLACE OR BLAZE OUTSIDE :)

The caps was just for effect, not being mean

4. 0 time if the window is open and blow hits out. You need a fan and an open window now

5. haha,what is the smell..

6. 'fabreez' huh.... You will get caught eventually, I did too when i was 14

7. Fucking spray FEBREZE and open a goddamn window. Why wouldn't you open a window???

8. Smoke outside or in your closet. Im smoking in my walk in closet as i type this.

9. #9 LetsTakeDragon, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2015
    I'm not sure how you guys smoke in your rooms honestly. The act of opening my mason jar, getting bud and my pipe out just makes my room reek before even grinding it up, let alone smoking it. Maybe just go in the yard and have a bowl so you don't need to worry about airing the room out.

10. I found its just easier to smoke in the garage then just open up the door

11. I'm sure grandma farts smell worse. Invite her to toke with you some time [​IMG]

12. #12 Two Scoops, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
    From my experience with a decent sized room, about 8 hours. Give or take an hour. It's hard to gauge these things though due to different sized rooms and olfactory fatigue.
    Word of advice, you're doing the worst possible thing and will eventually get caught hotboxing a room. You need to open a window at least. That febreze doesn't work, it just mixes with the smell at best. Smoke smart my friend.

13. If you're going to smoke inside, always blow the smoke out of the window. ALWAYS. Spray a bit of febreze at the end of the sesh and you should be fine. You should probably towel the bottom of your door too.

14. If you've got a fan and an open window and you're blowing smoke straight into the fan pointed out the window, maybe an hour? Probably less than that. But you've got to open that window up, man!

Ozium is better than Febreeze, but use what you've got.

15. Why don't you people just go outside?

16. Closet. Im tellin you... youll never go back

17. If this kid had read one of the many guides on smoking inside he wouldn't be having this problem. He would still get caught eventually but at least he would know to open a fucking window

18. Ok go buy a can of ozium. Wal mart has it located in the auto care section. Couple auto stores have it. It will instantly make your room smell like lemon. So you will have to explain that scent still.

For next time. Get a paper towel roll and stuff it dryer sheets. Blow smoke through this to try and mask the smell. Or buy a vaporizer. Just opening a window will be quickest solution though.

19. I hate to repeat but: Open. The. Window. Or go outside.
    I've tried everything: dryer sheets in a toilet tissue tube, febreze (sp?), candles, incense, wax melts, combinations of those, smoking in the shower, and probably just about any other old wive's tale you could think of.
    If getting caught is gonna cause issues with gramma, just go outside or wait till you can be somewhere where you won't get caught.
    Situations suck, but messing up your relationship with someone in your family over something so stupid isn't worth it. Think about that.