How Long with Darkness

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Rizzo, May 13, 2002.

1. How long do you have to have complete darkness?? Can you turn on a light to check them?? When do you put the plant in complete darkness?

2. I do a complete VEG stage at solid 24/7 lighting for the 1st 6 weeks. Then I pop the plants in to a 12/12 lighting..Within 7 to 10 days your females will get white pistol hairs at the nodes..I run the lights at night to keep all the heat down for at least 8 weeks..Hope this helps ya..
    You all stay cool an grow great big Awesome BUDZ

3. Thanks for the info.. When do I put them in complete darkness to tighten the buds?? I want nice little nugs of weed.. I hope I don't sound to retarded .. Need to know as quickly as possible

4. High

I can't answer that..I have never went to all darkness..No need from what I grow..My budz are tight an very awesome..Stay cool!

5. Have you went from 18/6 to 12/12 yet? Remember that they can't have any light at all during the 12 dark hrs so if you really need to check on them make sure that the light is as dim as moonlight.

6. How long do you have to have complete darkness??

Until the flowers are ripe for harvest..

Can you turn on a light to check them??

No...check them before light goes out,,,"uninterupted total darkness".

When do you put the plant in complete darkness?

When they are ready ,or you wish to flower..

[​IMG]

7. ive personaly tried with 24/7 the hole 60 days. seams kinda krazy but it works, hydros only, 400 watt hps and aquarium water heater so u can set the temp to no less than 76 degrees. semi big bill but only 3 plants hey im happy. HUGE yeilds.

8. High Everyone

Now you got my curiosity up..I might have to give this total darkness a try..I just love experimenting around with new ways to grow..:D These Blue Goo that I got in bubblers should work great I would think..{Pics in picture post} You all stay cool an grow great big awesome BUDZ..:D