Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long will weed hold in mason jars?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Chocu1a, Mar 13, 2016.

1. #1 Chocu1a, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    Quick background :
    I have been smoking on & off for the past 25 years (I am 44). I live in Tennessee and it has been getting harder and harder to find a steady consistent supply of good green. Growing is not an option for me.
    Anyways, I recently found this amazing hookup on medical mj. So, i have been buying up ounces, selling half and stashing the other half. I currently have about 3 ounces of 7 different strains in mason jars in a box in the attic. My thought was, buy as much as i can and save for when this supplier dries up or goes away.
    So, how long should i expect the weed to keep? Months? Years (I hope)?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

2. It would probably last like a year if you did not open the mason jars and keep them in the fridge. I'm not too sure, but someone will give a better answer soon. At the very least it would last 6 moths I think.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. The fridge? Really? Seems like everything I have read says freezer/fridge is bad.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

4. My dealer used to store ounces in the fridge. I don't and I'm not sure if it's good or bad or neither.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I would look at the CVault system. It should hold at 62%, it is lightproof, and air tight. I have had in jars for a year or so, and did not notice any degredation

6. I think the best way would be to store the mason jar in a cool, dark place (I wouldn't put it in the fridge cause I heard it messes with the moisture or something) and add a boveda 62% humidipack in the jar. This will make sure the moisture stays in your weed. It's a 2-way system, so it also brings down moisture if it's above 62%. You can get a pack of 12 or so from Amazon for under 20 dollars, and one pack lasts me a good few months. I usually finish my stash in a month or two but I could see it lasting a lot longer.

As a bonus it also helps bring some life back to dry/old bud.

• Like Like x 1