Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long will this THC be in my system?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TeeSon55, Oct 25, 2010.

1. I know this question has been asked to death. I also know that theres really no definitive answer. I thought that if I just posted some information about my body and what I consumed people with experience could give me a rough estimate.

I have a high body fat content, weighing at around 260 pounds, and trust me, that ain't muscle. I also have a slow metabolism.

I just smoked yesterday but before that I was 6 MONTHS CLEAN! I'm very proud of myself because I used to smoke a LOT. Just for personal situational reasons, I want and need to be clean for at least the next couple of years or so.

What keeps me at ease is that I only took 2 hits last night, and I know that for some people thats all they need to keep a little buzz going. But back in my old days I could do a half ounce in just a single session, so this is nothing to me.

Whats good about only 2 hits is that it's not that much. Now, this isn't fact but I would just assume that the less you smoke, the less time it takes to get out of your body.

Anyway, how long would this take to be COMPLETELY UNTRACEABLE. I mean I remember back in the 80's when teachers used to say that THC can be traced for up to a year, and some websites say 2 weeks.

On that other note, when I was 6 months cleaned, would I have been able to take a drug test and be fine?

Add: What tips do you guys have to speed up the process to get it out of my system? I've heard some people say drink a lot of water (to keep the fluids moving in your system) and exercise (to boost metabolism).

2. THC can stay in fatty tissue for 6-8 months (I know this because my last job did blood screening for THC and I thought I was safe having not smoked in like a month, I thought wrong).

I'd say probably around a year to be completely safe.

3. So when you say a year, do you mean for urine testing or blood testing or both?

4. Also if anyone else has experience with how long THC takes to flush out of your system, your knowledge would be much appreciated.

5. There's a difference between being totally clean and passing a urine test. Really no one can answer. My friend passed a urine test baked and another one failed after like, two months of not smoking. I'd have to say though, you would have passed one after six months for sure.

6. im a curious person :wave: can i ask why?

7. Might I suggest a more active lifestyle??

8. Follicle tests are accurate up to 8 or 9 months.

9. It will only be in your system a couple of weeks at most.;)

10. It's just some personal reasons that just take priority to smoking right now. The other night was a little mistake and we're all human, we make mistakes, but now I need to know how long before I could pass a urine test.

I'm currently increasing my water intake and my exercise regiment. Just looking for some average times before I should be clean.

Don't forget though, it was only 2 hits, but I am a pretty big guy.

11. I rekon even if you have the test in the next week, they wont be able to detect enough to fail.
    They will defintely detect it in a hair follicle test, but no way for a urine test. Even if you still have some THC metaolbolites in your system they should be in such low quantities anyway.

But still make sure ur drinking enough water and definately excersize heaps.