How long will seeds last?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by hydro1234, Feb 13, 2011.

1. I've got a couple of questions actually. How long can you keep seeds and still have them grow? How do you have to store them to keep them for a long time? I know that there is a doomsday seed bank for food stuffs somewhere really cold, so I believe that seeds can be kept for years or decades, but I'd like to hear what folks here think.

Also I'd like opinions on a good inside grow strain. Considerations include smell. I know that there are some strains that don't stink to high heaven. Yield and potency are also considerations. Maybe a discussion of the pros and cons of several strains to be grown indoors, considering smell, potency, yield, and quality of use.

Thanks in advance for any feedback

2. Use the search feature, this question has been asked lots of times before. But...

If you keep em dry they'll be good for a year or two at room temperature. Two to five years in the fridge, longer than five in the freezer. I'm just not sure how long.

3. Hey,

If you keep them in dry dark conditions between 4-10 degrees centigrade they will last perfectly well for up to 2 years. Do NOT put seeds in the freezer unless you know exactly what you are doing. They will DIE. Yes seeds are stored in sub zero temperatures in that doomsday vault somewhere in a Swedish glacier but they are done so by experts using special techniques. Weed seeds are not meant to survive deep frost so don't try!

Peace

4. I don't know dude, have you tried? The "internationally" recommended standard temp for seed storage is 0F according to the doomsday vault people. If you keep it dry a freezer should be great.

That said, I haven't done it, so I can't say for sure. But I can say for sure that the fridge will get you 4 years, I've freakin done it.