How long will seeds last

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by zoopc, Aug 19, 2009.

1. I have searched but found nothing specific on this

I want to grow my own, really good quality stuff. I want to order them from seed banks. however, I am not set up to grow really and I am planning on moving up state in January.

it was suggested that I start with bag seed before I spend money on quality stuff. I have been collecting some, from middle of the road 40 bucks a quarter stuff. I have no idea what strain it is. my question is how long do they keep, is it worth keeping them until I move (I am sure I can get more bag seed) is there a shelf life on them? would it be an idea to see if they crack and perhaps grow one in a pot to see what happens? I am not set up but I am sure I could get a pot, some soil and a small grow light of CFLs to do something. I don't really have a place thought to keep it in the dark, no way to dissipate the smell, I could get a fan to give air....I have a closet that would be good to do it in but it is right next to the hallway, and on the wall of my next door neighbor, who is my provider, his parents place)

what do you all think?

it would be nice to plant one and before I move, have a few ounces of ok stuff to take with me(until I can find another provider)

if it turns out to be a male then I would have to ditch it. but if female, I could do LST on it and make a nice small amount for me.

the closet is not very big. could probebly hold a 5 gallon bucket nicely and has a hanger for a light, even an upper shelf for clones if I was going to go that far. I think the only venting would be under the door

2. hey dude seeds can last for years if stored right, if your not setup to grow id not recommend it you dont just want to do it half assed lol but its up 2 up mate

ps theres alot of new growers that come on here with their seeds germed but dont have shit set up or even bought and many tend to fail badily

3. well being set up to grow just means to me having the proper lighting, a grow tent and the sorts. I just thoguth if I started now, I could get some experience in. even if it turns out bad, well I learned some and didnt spend much on equip yet.

how do you store them right?