Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long will I feel like this?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Crackhead420, Nov 5, 2017.

1. I just quit tobacco and cannabis a few weeks ago. I smoked them together but I started to feel really anxious socially and paranoid around my family and friends so I cut down but mow Im avoiding them. Reason why I quit is because I cut down on both and started feeling like I was going crazy so I decided to lay off them for now. However I always end up looking bad socially because of overthinking about a certain thing and then getting nervous and looking like some horrible person even though Im not. Right now I just feel like somethings not right and just very anxious because of my overthinking. I was smoking for years daily and just want to stop this anxiety.

Smoking is not an option because Im sorting my life out and dont want to rely on it to feel calm mentally, plus its actually making me worse after so I want to lay off it until I feel normal and then smoke occassionally. I was considering getting some pharmaceuticals from doctors but I know thats really bad for your head. Its mostly social situations and anxiety I still feel a bit paranoid but not that bad.

2. I also feel ocd

3. Over time you will start to feel better, maybe try to fill your time with other healthy activities like exercising just to take your mind off of things

4. Thanks, do you know the difference between tobacco and cannabis withdrawals? Cause I wanna know whats making me feel worse even though I only smoked tobacco with cannabis, and how long roughly until Ill feel normal

5. Any withdrawal from the effects of heavy cannabis usage would have ended after at most a couple of weeks but more likely a couple of days. Maybe a little sleeplessness and irritability. Maybe a low appetite. Whatever you feel when you are comfortable high, coming off smoking all the time will be like a soft version of the opposite, ie. pot makes you relaxed hungry, goofy, sleepy, introspective and horny then if you cold turkey stop smoking all the time you will be edgy, not hungry, serious, wide awake, hyperaware of your surroundings and not horny. It lasts a few days and then after that any remaining withdrawal is mental. If you only smoke once a day you will likely just face bordeom and a hole in the schedule weed used to take up. No big deal for most.

Quitting cigarettes is much tougher and the effects are much more noticeable.

Nausea, night sweats, irritability to the point of rages, heart palpitations, suicidal ideations, weird bathroom habits, shakes, obsessive thoughts and other problems and it doesn't just last a week.

There are plenty of resources to help people quitting. When I quit smoking cigarettes, I replaced that with a forum where I talked to other quitters all the time and help each other. I also started running. I recommend you join a support group and start excising more. The endorphins and the pump from a good workout is somewhere between a good high and sex;way better than a cigarette.

6. Yeah I was thinking it must be the tobacco mainly that makes sence, I was thinking of excercising too so might try that, I appreciate your reply

7. #7 fountaincityman, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    When you smoke (weed or tobacco) it releases endorphins into your system; the endorphins make you feel good. It is what is called the psychological pleasure/reward cycle-you do this activity you will feel good. You train your brain to associate pleasure with certain activities. The endorphin release is what causes the warm sense of euphoria which you feel when you smoke. If you do it long enough your body's natural pleasure/reward cycle gets out of whack; it stops producing normal small amounts of pleasure endorphins because it knows huge mother loads of pleasure are just a toke away. When you don't get pleasure endorphins you get cranky. When you quit toking and smoking it takes awhile to get a healthy natural rhythm back. Quitting two substances (weed and tobacco) really throws your system into confusion.

I used to smoke cigarettes while stoned. I used to smoke weed twice a day, once in the morning and once at night before going to sleep. It got too expensive and my tolerance was too high, I had to smoke more and more for less and less of a high, what addicts call "chasing the dragon." I now smoke weed once a week and cigarettes not at all. What helped me was nicotine gum. If I wanted to get high I would chew a piece of gum. So I chewed the gum maybe three times a day. The nicotine causes a small release of pleasure endorphins, so my body was not starved for a pleasure/reward while I was kicking the habit. It helped me get over the desire to smoke something and it allowed me to regain a natural endorphin equilibrium. Maybe some of it was a mental placebo effect, but it worked for me and it cut down on my cravings to get stoned all the time.

8. This makes sence, thank you, however I've decided to go cold turkey and not even have the gum cause I dont want any nicotine in my body, I would like to smoke weed once a week or so like you are now on its own when I have sorted a lot of things out