How long until this is ready to harvest?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by theBeesFamily, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Hope you can see it, super frosty.. large buds. This is blueberry

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. How long since flip to 12-12? The only way to tell is to look at the trichomes with a jewelers loupe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

3. Not sure, we think only about 5-6 weeks

4. Is this haze? Kush?

• Like Like x 1
  5. No, this is the original blueberry.

6. [​IMG]

Leafly says:
    afghani x Thai x chocolate Thai

7. I always see, and with no disrespect intended, that the "only way to tell when cannabis is ready to harvest is to look at the trichomes through a loupe."

I don't believe it at all.

I wait until most calyxes have browned and receded, the plant has essentially stopped drinking and simply through time and again experience of knowing when a plant simply won't get any better. I don't date my plants so never know exactly how long they've been in flower. I've never owned a loupe or magnifier to look at trichomes in my life. With practice you'll simply know when the flowers are as mature as they can get.

J

• Like Like x 8
  8. No one could have put it better jerry. Advise from the heart, not the books.. thanks man- my question is answered

• Like Like x 1
  9. Imo it looks like another 14-20 days. If you have a way to view the thricomes you want majority milky/ cloudy - amber looking. If majority look clear it's not done. Around Xmas or new year I think

10. I'm not as skilled at growing as jerry but I've never gone wrong viewing through a magnifying glass the cheap 4$ Johns from any dollar store. Only like 6x mag. I don't date my cycles either just look at the buds. Start seeing majority hairs go from light to amber or red it's prolly close

11. To be honest, some buds look like they are ready, half milky half cleared and some amber, but it hasn't been 8 weeks, also I think they can get bigger, kinda like what jerry said...

Is it possible that some of the smaller buds will be ready before the larger ones?

12. @AnonymousBuds - I didn't mean that in a negative way at all. I've no doubt that looking at trichomes is a fine way to judge flower maturity - I just meant that i see all over the City, ALL the time that scoping trichs is the only true way - as I'm sure that you've seen so many say as well.

My point was simply that there are other ways to be sure that your flowers are ready for harvest.

J

• Like Like x 3
  13. Best advice Jerry :thumbsup: .

14. Hey man I just sent you a message

15. No disrespect taken. I've seen it alot on here too. Should be common knowledge that there is never one single way to do somthing. I generally just wait till the hairs are all amber then take a look through a glass but it's definitely not needed. I've harvested alot without ever using a glass and still had great bud. But for noobs who don't wanna fuck it up and are nervouse I feel it would make it easier.

16. Most of the hairs are amber, but more and more calyx swell up into clusters daily almost. Though when I look through the scope the trichome heads look totally clear.

17. I know it's exciting to chop her down. I would honestly wait. Personally I go by trichomes and water uptake. She just doesn't look ready to me. I would guess at least two weeks solely on the appearance of the plant.

18. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

This is her now, that vid was a while back. Her trichomes look pretty clear though, I wanted to wait for ambering but I feel like they were milky a few weeks ago and now clear? Kinda confused. What do y'all think about these picks, she close?

19. Can someone post a pic of some ripe bud ready to harvest?