How long until flowers show?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by The Hunter, Jan 29, 2014.

1. I know it varies between strains and plants in general, but approx how long does it take once you flip em? Mine have vegged for a month and a couple days and I've had them on 12 for about 5 days. No signs of sex yet. My only concern is should I keep them in 12 or switch them back so I'm not losing growth? I checked around but I could only find info that says plants sexually mature at about 2 months but can be flipped earlier. I didn't find a timeline though on if they don't sex. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Give it around 10 days for flowers to start really growing. The plant will still grow a lot in the first few weeks of flower some say it will double in size but it does depend on how many tops u have. I would just keep it on 12/12. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Thanks a lot. Will do. Do they start to show at the top or bottom first or is it random?

4. wen i flipp to 12/12 i count flowering starts 1 week later i also feed veg nutes 1 week into flip then switch to bloom nutes but can take upto 2 weeks to see sexsent from the middle o nowhere

5. Thanks. I'll keep her on 12. I checked out the sticky and it made it pretty easy to tell what is a female and a male so I hope I can tell.

6. [quote name="The Hunter" post="19428505" timestamp="1391003100"]Thanks a lot. Will do. Do they start to show at the top or bottom first or is it random?[/quote]Top. First fastest and biggest. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Thanks again. I'll keep in eye out for them. Appreciate it.

8. Some of mine took 7 day and others took 10 days. Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Thanks. I'm just anxious lol. I have a mutant and I'm very excited to see of its female. Patience is a virtue... Unfortunately my patience is really lacking right now lol. I made a few rookie mistakes and I want to finish this one up so I can start fresh.

10. Boys show sex first so if they are taking a long time its a good sign.

11. Really? That is very good to know. There is one, almost flower like looking thing, on the stem of one of my plants. It's by those things that stick up at each node. It's not in the node but on the stem itself. Any idea what that would be? It's about the size of a pencil tip and white. I will try to get a pic of it when I get home. I checked the sexing thread and it doesn't look anything like a pistil or sack.

12. #12 snoopdog6502, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
    Its tough but be patient, flowers will come and the sex will be obvious.

13. Lol. I'll try. Thanks again. I'll put that pic up later. Maybe you've seen something like it.

14. those little spikes u see on the stem are not pistils the pistil are usualy crystal white hairs that will apear at the node first sent from the middle o nowhere

15. I know it's not a pistil but I don't know what it's called. There is something next to that thing. It's a curly, flowery looking thing. It's white and almost fuzzy like. The pic is shitty and you can't see it but it's above my thumb next to that thing that sticks up at the node. Not sure what it is. Hope it's nothing negative.

image.jpg

16. This is a male 2 weeks into flowerSent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

17. Thanks. It doesn't look like that though. At least not yet. I'll be watching for that. That's a very good picture to differentiate sex. I guess I'll just have to wait it out and see if it gets bigger. Thanks again.

18. its a lady u have happy growin:D:D:Dsent from the middle o nowhere

19. I hope lol.

20. im positive it is :D

sent from the middle o nowhere