How long until flowering?? *Picss*

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Quiker_Silver, May 12, 2007.

1. Hey, i am growing indoors under 6 cfls, been vegging for just over a month id say, and they are looking really healthy, full and green. theyve been lst'ed pretty heavily in order to make my height restrictions, and their roots have just began coming out of the bottom of the pots (6 inch pots). there are 8 plants, all perfectly healthy from bagseed, and now that they are getting bigger id like to flower and find the females to clone. i know they need bigger pots soon, but id rather not transfer them until i know which ones are female so i have enough room in the rubber maid box. all 8 wont fit with bigger pots in the box. heres some pics to see for yourself maybe you guys can estimatew what id get in terms of bud from those size of plants

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Make 1 clone from each one, then flower the clones. Determine the sex of the clones (same sex as the main plants), then do what you want. You could just keep those plants continuously growing (as mothers), and just flower out clones every once in a while :).

3. Hey man Im almost on the same page as you... I let mine veg for 4-5 weeks and turned to 12/12 on 5-3-07 it started to show sex in about 1 week. I was going to turn back to veg but I am afraid that I will run out of room. The talk around town is it may double or tripple in size. Im also using lst- are you strapping down the main stem only or the entire plant? I was not sure what to do. My thread is (sexing help) under this forum.

4. i mainly lst the main stem and if there are large fan leaves that take up too much light then i will pin those down as well but for the most part its just the big one. can i start to flower them until i know the sex, then just put the lights back to 24 hrs and re-veg them for some more size growth, finally later re-flowering?

5. Thats what I have been told.... Some say that it will add time to the final cut but when you decide to flower it will flower sooner and you will get some of your time back. You may wanta check with chim he seems to have his shi together.

6. hmm, well lets hope he drops by this thread cause i could use some advice and the sooner the better, im guessing i need to transplant the plants into bigger pots soon

7. yeah transplant before flowering... deffinately!! u can re-veg ur plants after u determine sex but its better to just take a clone from each one like berlette said.. then u label them to know what plant u took them from, and root them, then force flower. its not hard to do this...

8. im sure its not too hard but its the fact that i dont have another box to grow another set of plants on flowering times. also, i dont exactly have room for 8 larger pots in that rubbermaid container, what should i do?

9. Ive heard of a technique where you force flower just one branch on the plant, you put it through the 12/12 cycle and leave the rest of the plant on full blast veg mode. you do this by covering the branch with a light proof breathable material, putting it on and removing it every 12 hours, this causes just a single branch to sprout buds. this can be done in about 2 weeks and doesnt require any tedious cloning or slowing your vegging, because you can easily loose 2 weeks of growth tryin to force out a sex before your ready for flowers. Hope this helps!

10. Just flower them, get there sex, re-veg if you want or just continue your flowering, I think your going to have some big ladies anyhow. Also, think about getting some more light, some in the 2700K range(soft warm/red spectrum). If your goal is to perpetuate your grow you can take clones through the first 14 days of 12/12.

11. Well that finalizes it then, I changed the light cycle today to 12/12 (8 am to 8 pm). I plan on sexing them, then revegging for slightly longer, taking my clones and then flowering once again. i may or may not reveg, still undecided, but i will be getting at least 2 more 2700 k lights to switch to on wednesday. I have one little problem with flowering though, i need a way to remove light leaks but keep oxygen circulating throughout the rubbermaid. any ideas?? i was thinkin that tomorrow i will try and cut holes in the lid of the container (not pictured) and then allow the cfls to sit through the holes, and maybe make a large hole for the fan and couple smaller for intake, should that work?