Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how long to wait before panic attacks disappear

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by easy slug, Aug 8, 2006.

1. I have been smoking for 2 and 1/2 years and it has been great, but lately I have been getting serious panic attacks while high. I have been on a break for 4 days and I was wondering how long do you guys think I should take a break for so I do not have any more symptoms of panic while smoking? I was thinking maybe another week or so I am not sure. I am not afraid to take as long of a break as it takes so be honest. What should I do?

2. i think a break is probably worse for you. bieng it lowers your tolerance and your gonna feel tha weed that much more from abstaining. i think you need some meditation, and telling yourself your ok.

3. You have to find out what your spooked about, it could be the people your with, your surrondings, or even the music your listening too. If its only happening when your high then a break may help, for how long would be hard to say... I doubt medication would be able to do anything though.

4. I think Bliz-Nati said meditation. I used to have panic attacks on weed, I found out it was all in my head and I must have been sub-conciously manifesting negative feelings in my head while high and began to focus on the negative just because it happened once before and tricked my mind into thinking it would happen again. <- Does that make sense? I then started taking fewer hits, telling myself I was fine and laughing at any stupid paranoid thoughts that tried to come into my head. After awhile they never came back, and being high once again put me into a mental paradise where I would not have a care in the world. :smoking:

5. Yeah I think that is due. I just smoked a bowl of mids and took 2 hits, I was comfortably high. The key here is just cutting down drastically. Anyone else seem to have a reverse tolerance? My tolerance seems like it skyrocketed, plateaued and then dropped slowly. I started getting super high after like almost 2 years then I got progressivly more high. I also got bored with weed and would take random 1 or 2 day breaks.

6. I think it was on a Peter Tosh Video that it all came to me. My roommate is Rasta and he is very pushy to see everything his way, so he always kills it when I'm scoopin on a chick. he will push bong rips on girls until they are obviously uncomfortable and they end up haling ass. But its always the same story from these young women “when I get stoned I have a panic attack so I just drink and do coke”.

I say don't jump in the water if you can't swim to those who don't smoke because they cant handle their mind. And as far as the panic I think the herb intensifies feelings ”obviously”. So it is the herb that lets you know something is amiss in your mental life. Peter Tosh said of herb “ It will strike at the heart of the wicked and they will know not peace through herb but fear”.