how long to sprout?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bikeguy, Apr 24, 2008.

1. How long on average does it takes for seeds planted directly in a seed tray (not germinated) to sprout?

2. Anywhere from 48 hours to one week. Figure germination takes a couple days, and sprouting takes a couple days on average.

3. Just keep a close eye on the soil if starting out like that.The top first inch or better can dry out on you quickly if uoi arent carefull.Much easier to just place seeds in a wet paper towel then in to a plastic ziplock bag and set on top of your TV or something thats just a little warm.

4. I got a similar question, I planted my germinated seed on 4/20, at night, of course, after the days events :p. Anyways, just today my little seedling has came up from the soil and it looks as if its looping back underground. Is this a bit off timing or does shit usually take this long?

5. Lucky is right, keep the top soil moist, and check your humidity levels. Germination in towels is a wonderful thing.

fatcat - you are on time. If I am picturing your explanation properly, it will look like that when its bending to extend.

6. Yes that is what I meant, thanks.

I just checked on it after reading your post and it has actually grown in a couple of hours, I can see the shell of the seed so yeah :p

7. I ordered 12 original blueberry seeds from BC Bud Depot out of Canada, after a little over a week I've got TWO that actually sprouted. I've got them planted in a tray just like bikeguy explained, any techniques to help these things along or am I wasting my time waiting on them?