Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long to get a card?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Adelmas, Jun 14, 2011.

1. I have glaucoma so I do qualify, but if I go to a doctor to ask him about a medical marijuana card, how long will it take to get it?

2. In Colorado you're good with your doctor's rec paperwork the second you walk out of their office. That being said you have to mail it in, certified mail, and keep your certified mail stub stapled to your recommendation paperwork showing you mailed it in within 30 days of receiving the paperwork. Most dispensaries will not let you in the door without that stub.

-Blam

3. All you need to do is go to your regular dr and ask for a copy of your medical record. You don't have to say why, they will think nothing of it. Take that to the appointment at the pot dr and you get your card that day. They appointment takes about an hour and they snap your pic and print your card before you leave. In my town I can get an appointment within a week or two no problem. Good luck!