How long to flush plants? (DWC Hydro)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sublevel, May 19, 2010.

1. Growers and smokers believe that the Chlorophyll (the green colour/pigment) in the leaves, give a nasty taste while smoking it. So, by cutting of the food/nutrient supply 2 weeks before harvest, the plant will use whatever sugars/food that are left in the leaves.
    That may be good for cutting down the harsh taste, but, it's not good cutting off the nutrient supply at a critical stage of the plants bud production. It's like cutting off the food to a fat person, they will live on water and the stored fat from their body, but they will become weak and not fit to work properly.

2. Exactly you smoke some beasters and the all have that wierd spoiled milk smell ,taste.I have bought that shit everywhere and it all has that same taste,smell.Prob from PH UP/DOWN or whatever .Regardlesss Id flush for at least a week ,more preferably

3. With lucas method you dont have to flush it right?

4. I start flushing 3 days before harvest.

I drain my tank and only use water. I then dran and re fill with new water every 24 hours, The last day i try to do it twice . :)

Evil :smoke:

5. In the hypothetical situation that this was my first grow, how would i know when I have 2 weeks left until harvest? I've been told about the trichome coloration (clear, cloudy, amber). So perhaps when the trichomes are cloudy and beginning to turn amber?

6. When you flush do you still use ph adjuster or no? i know that this post is old but im 3 weeks from my first hydro harvest and i am trying to learn how to flush

7. I dont think so, the PH has to do with nutrient absorbtion. So, i would think plain water would work just fine

8. If you do flush, you are still smoking all of those elements. Perhaps in a bit lower amounts though.

I have flushed 7-10 days before harvest on all but one of my crops. Smoking & gaping the buds from the one crop that I didn't flush I couldn't tell any difference.

That said, I continue to flush.

9. I don't smoke my vegetables.

10. For as many people there are as growing in the world, it's like there's half as many people (which is still an obscene number) amount of people who all choose a different flush length.

Being new to indoor myself, it's very miss-leading and even after months of reading various posts / forums / books I have no idea how long to flush my plants in DWC so i'm just going to eyeball it and pretend i know what i'm doing. It's worked thus far, plus i've learned heaps doing it all myself through my mistakes and such.

I'm on day 3 of flush for my trainwreck. I was thinking of harvesting soon but i'm going to let it go longer and just eyeball it, when the fan leaves get sucked dry and start turning yellow i'll pull her out of the bucket and hang her by her feet for a week.

Do I know what I'm doing? Nope, but there's way to much variety in information I have no choice other than to just eyeball it and learn from experience.

*shrug* :(

11. I'll be sure to post whatever happens though lol.

12. Just follow the ppm of the res mate. When it starts going through the roof it's cos the plant is slowing down its nutrient uptake a yway. Can feed them right up to the chop with zero side effects if you keep the ppm always just dropping a little.
    Sounds difficult but real easy to keep it spot on if you do it from day 1.