how long to flower?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Red's Dreads, Mar 13, 2006.

1. hey everybody,

this is my lovely Lunah, ive been vegging her since early feb. she's 16"tall, has 13 nodes, and all her secondary branches have about 3 nodes and all they have become alternating. she's had two lil hairs growing out of each node for weeks. i was thinking getting each secondary branch multiple nodes would be key for a much bigger yield, and maybe secondary branch colas. they only have 3 nodes per side branch now, though. when you stop vegging and start flower, i know they stretch but will they get more nodes and more branches, or does everything you have just grow out in length and then buds?

how much longer would you guys veg her? or how many nodes do your secondary branches usually have? they've stretched a lot lately. i wanna get a 4oz plant if possible. i have a 400wHPS waiting for her, but its 2 55wCFLs for now. im willing to be patcient and veg her longer, too. heres some pics, my camera doesn't do close well, but i tried. peace and thanks everybody

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

ps: i have 6' headway minus the height of the 5gal bucket, so i was gonna veg to 18" but she grows faster up than the side branches develop :)

2. hey everyone, wondering if adding the hps to the veg could be benefitial? it'd love anyones ideas, peace ya'all im off to play tennis :lol:

3. g'day red, yea mate, a HPS would be the best thing you could do for it.. 400W or 600W

that plant looks very indica, so id say anywhere between 8-9 weeks....

4. I think that the title of the post may have thrown you off here. I think he wanted to say how long until I flower. 8-9 weeks is obviously the average flowering time for most MJ plants. But it does vary based on the strain.

Red's Dreads, That plant is is big enough for the 400 watt HPS, and it would definately help. And is, as you know, the best light to use for flowering. So, go ahead and add it if you want. It is not the optimal spectrum for veg, but it will speed things up over the CFL's alone.

If you plants nodes are alternating it is probably ready to flower. I say go for it when you think it is ready.

5. I would say flower NOW!! Your plant is going to virtually double once you start flowering.......being about a 3 foot plant. Thas pretty big. I would start to flower asap.

6. it only looks about 2 1/2 foot, depending on how much space you got... you can veg it for a couple more weeks.

you also might want to consider LST'in that sucker, get more light to the lower branches, hence more bigger buds...

Vokal420's LST Guide...

7. hey everybody, thanks for awesme responces :) so i have 6' minus height of bucket for her, so based on her stretching 3x her veg height, a 18" veg should about do the trick.

so ive decided to put her into flower, and shoot for about 4.5' and a 4oz yield. i have 4sqft for her, GH nutes and my 400wHPS thats 12,750 lumens/sqft. but this is my first grow, so lets see if i cant not screw it up.

i have lots of pics, but am horrible about keeping up a journal. so i think ill make it now, redirect all traffic here, and get around to it when i can. it'd love all the input ya'all can give me, again this is my first grow. thanks ya'all :) catch ya on the flip side, peace :smoke:

8. sorry to burst your bubble, but that plant looks more indice than sativa, it may be a mix, but it looks more indica, its might only get 1.5 - 2 foot stretch but its really up to you

9. hey razor,

to be honest i really dunno how you ol green thumbs determine between the two... what are some of the physical characteristics you'd be looking for? i had four plants initially, and of the four she was the leanest, the least bushy and the tallest and fastest growing. it'd say she grows now in spurts of 1/2" a day maybe... but i dunno. so are there some things i can look for or recall to help me determine?