how long till I can use rec again?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by wctom2112, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Well, I've been taking some time off of the oxy and hydro. I was wondering though, anyone have some experience on quitting, and going back to recreational use. Basically, I quit a while ago and didn't experience too many WD's, but was wondering how long I should wait before I fuck around with them again so that I don't necessarily get WD's again or jump right back into the high-tolerance junkie arena?

I'm thinking of toning down my use a bit, just an occasional weekend thing. But I feel like if I go back too early after quitting, my tolerance will still be high and I might experience some WD's again.

Any advice?

2. There's no such thing as "recreational" use of opiates after addiction. From personal experience at least

3. As much as I hate to, I sorta have to agree with this...however, you can always give it a try. Wait a month, and then one day have fun with some oxy. See if you can put three weeks between each use. If you can't, or you find all you can think about is your upcoming date with oxy, then you know you'll never be able to use recreationaly. Of course, you can always just do the occasional binge, where you don't do it at all except for short periods of time where you go ape shit.

4. if you had a serious habit before i doubt you could ever go back to occassional use...but if you werent that deep into shit id give it a few weeks to a month and when you go back to using space your uses out generously.