How long til harvest?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by _converge, Jul 8, 2009.

1. I decided to start my first grow this year. I planted 15 plants on the side of hill about 15 minutes from any houses. The woods are pretty dense but a storm cleared out a perfect concealed area where light comes in. I sprouted them in march and they are about 4+ ft tall now. I can't check on them but once every two weeks and at night. Last night I could easily tell the sex finally. The males had quite a few sacs of pollen and the females look like they are really starting to flower. I don't think they are getting as much sunlight each day. The storm didn't really clear it out that great but enough to allow the plants to grow pretty well. so is should I harvest in 6-8 weeks? just keep track of the trichomes with a magnfying glass? I still need to buy one...

2. _converge How long til harvest?
    I decided to start my first grow this year. I planted 15 plants on the side of hill about 15 minutes from any houses. The woods are pretty dense but a storm cleared out a perfect concealed area where light comes in. I sprouted them in march and they are about 4+ ft tall now. I can't check on them but once every two weeks and at night. Last night I could easily tell the sex finally. The males had quite a few sacs of pollen and the females look like they are really starting to flower. I don't think they are getting as much sunlight each day. The storm didn't really clear it out that great but enough to allow the plants to grow pretty well. so is should I harvest in 6-8 weeks? just keep track of the trichomes with a magnfying glass? I still need to buy one...

6 to 8 weeks, yes that's about right depending on your latitude/strain. And yes that's a way to confirm finishing time, with a magnfying glass (30x mininum, but i find 100x works best) . And you said this is your first grow......sure....wink, wink..... ALso your preference but i like when the tri's are 50/50, 50 amber and 50 cloudy.

CHeers:D:smoking:

3. I'd say more like 8-10 weeks till harvest depending on the strain