how long the harvest window open?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sapphires, Sep 23, 2006.

1. wondering how long the harvest windows open for before thing degrade..

i got 3 plants 40days into flower, there ment to be 8-9 wks flowing plants...80% of pistals have turn orange/light brown and started to fall off, theres a fair bit of crystals on leafs and look ready to harvest but sure there not....

i was planing on harvesting em when 80% of pistals had turned but wasnt thinking it would be on the 5th wk, if i leave em till 8weeks will they be ok of should i pick early??

help plz thanks...................:smoking:

2. Harvest when the trichomes are to your liking.

3. i have no way of telling when there ready other than by date, age n pistals. im not botherd what type or high the trics are at white amber ect just dont want to be to early or 2 late when picking.
    hence wanting to know how long does it take for crystals o turn from clear to amber to usless,,, im in week 5...........

4. Get a microscope type thing, something that can zoom in 30x or more and look at the trichomes...

5. Absolutely, if you are going to do this, do it properly.

The harvest window is wide, fom the trichomes being all clear to being all amber. Whatever is your choice.

6. well if im not botherd about what type of high i get, i didnt think i would need one..

u said the harvest window is wide, im jus trying to find out how wide, if it was 2wks between wk 7 n 8 then i would cut halfway..

ya get me lol,,,,,,,,,,
    #

7. cough.........:wave:

8. do this because you dont want to harvest to early the last few weeks of budding is when your plants will really pack on the weight..

9. If you have a microscope how do you know if the trichs are developed?

10. by looking at the colour of head on crystals. but i thought theres a 3wk window for havest between changing.. think im just going to take a plant a week have a 7 8 n 9 wk harvest all colours of trics............lol

11. So you know what to do. Go do it.