Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long should you let pipe pieces soak in rubbing alcohol?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by grimreefa, Oct 3, 2013.

1. I've got them in a pill bottle filed with rubbing alcohol ATM, and they have been in there for about 3 hours so far. how long should I leave them?

I was unable to haul anything and at first the bowl wouldn't even drip when i filled it with water whilst cleaning it.

I'm trying to clean it for when I get my 1/2 oz this week.

2. you should just fill it 40% with alcohol and then put some salt in it and shake shake for some time depending on how bad it is

🚬🍁🌿🌳

3. You should just put it in a normal sized glass and fill it just over the top of the bowl with alcohol. Put it in the microwave for 5 minutes. No mess, no salt, no shaking like a mad man nothing. Put it in, it heats up boils like crazy, take it out(careful it's hot) run hot water through it after it cools enough to hold. It will be completely spotless.

4. #4 Old School Smoker, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2013
    Mineral water and a bottle brush. I would not trust putting fire to a device that was soaked in flammable rubbing alcohol.

5. #5 coraygc, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2013
    I use 91% iso and a little sea salt. Works like a charm

6. It honestly doesn't matter... How ever long out takes to clean. Use sea salt. It helps when it's inn a bag filled with alcohol. Cleans better

Sent from my H866C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I always fill her up with 91% and shake for a few seconds and run with hot water afterward. I clean it every other day though so if it's hella dirty you'll want to leave it sitting for a few hours...rinse...repeat.

8. [​IMG]

This is the water that came out of it after I cleaned it (just drained it now) I am glad I cleaned it after looking at this nasty ass shit.

At any rate, I named it coffee because it looks like coffee and the profile is associated with my face book account so just incase my parents seen it or something. #paranoid.

9. Add some salt man, and shake.
    I got super baked once and went to clean my piece and stuck it in the bag with alcohol...came back a couple hours later and it wasn't clean and was like uhh...OH FUCK, I forgot to add salt.
    That NaCl helps a shit ton.

10. I use 91% soak for about a day or more (have plenty of other pieces to use). Than a nice hot hot water rinse followed by a few hour soak in hot soap water to give the glass it's shine back. They come out looking like the day they were made. I've done the salt thing and it doesn't get it any cleaner so I stopped buying salt.

11. [​IMG]
    Try and get something like this if you can, it's a pretty good investment in terms of ease of cleaning. 

12. Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app how much should a kit like this cos me also I'd need a very long thin brush for my gandalf.

13. Shouldn't be more than $5-$10 online, I have a set of three that I think I paid $10 for and they clean all my pipes/downstems/bowls very easily