Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long should my tolerance break be?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by David$, May 25, 2018.

1. I’ve been smoking for a year and a half straight, everyday. I can’t say I’m a ‘heavy smoker’ since four grams lasts me two weeks which isn’t too bad compared to friends I have, but I have some job interviews this month so it did give me a reason to take a break. How long should I wait for it to slap the shit out of me like it used to?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Everyone’s different take fish oil everyday could be a week could be a month. Or just start smoking more.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well I'd say it's different for everyone but I'll use my previous experience as an example.

I went on a 4 month hiatus not to long ago, and started back right before 420. I use to be a moderately "heavy" smoker.

When I started back it would hit me relatively hard but I honestly regained the tolerance back fairly quickly.

My solution is to microdose now if I feel like smoking. That way I'm not facing whole blunts(High Hemp wraps) but can stay perpetually high throughout the day if I so choose by smoking smaller amounts but at a high quantity.

Anyways I digress but basically you'll just have to figure it out as you go along. Kind of do your on experimentation haha. I'd say a month is a good start and if you feel like going longer without, then do it and see how it impacts your tolerance later on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I have been a heavy smoker for 5 or so years now, and what I have personally found to be true (and heard from others that have smoked more/less than me almost across the board) is that 2 weeks is usually about the "magic number".

2 weeks is enough time for your lungs to clear themselves out a little more, and your brain to adjust to the loss of frequent cannabinoids, thc, etc.

2 weeks is also not so long that it feels intimidating or unmanageable. A good middle ground.

As a fair warning, I've found during my breaks that I actually tend to cough more frequently than in the periods of time that I am smoking- I have been told this is fairly normally, and the lungs are literally just clearing themselves out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Two weeks is a pretty good magic number for T-breaks but like others have said, everybody is different. I myself find that three weeks is a good amount of time to rest up your lungs, let them clear out and become good to toke again.