how long should it take?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by atvrdr, Dec 26, 2007.

1. hey its been 3 days since i put the germinated seeds into the soil should it have broke threw the soil yet? how long does it usually take for me to see the first leaves?

thanks in advance

2. Whats your lighting situation?

3. i thought it didnt matter if they were under lights when they havent broke threw the soil...i havent put then under lights yet becuase i cant even see the stem....am i suppose to put them underlights now?...when it comes time i have 2 100watt cfls waiting for them.

4. thats your problem, put them under lights and keep the top soil moist with a spray bottle on average they should break soil on day 3 or 4 if longer there could be something wrong with the sprouts.

-hope this helps :eek:

5. k thx but how would the lights be getting to the seeds if theres a layer of soil ontop??

6. dude idk do you want to listen to someone that has had a 100% survival rate with his grow or not? But i think it has to do with giving the plant heat and telling the little guy "its time to come out to the nice sunshine"

7. o dont worry im listening i just put them under the lights do you think 2 26watt cfls will be enough even when they get older

8. No, you'll need more... get like 3 more

9. 100w per plant. Really. 75w will cut it but you'll have weak plants.

10. k kl i have 2 plants and 200watts ill try to pick up some more bulbs tomarrow but should i get any nutrients that i might need later on if so which ones?

11. if you want nice strong plants i would go with 2 of the 26w (100w output) per plant they will grow much faster and healthy with 2 cfls on each plant, and trust me later they will love it! (i suggest just 1 cfl per plant in the first 2 weeks because you don't want to own them)

12. k thanks so should i get any nutrients today....o yea the first leaves came up today the plant is about an inch tall right now but its a little yellow should it be a little yellowish/green or should it just be green? ill take a pic in a little bit

13. if you had lights on it then it should have been green or turning green

u dont need lights to sprout but you do need a stable temp from germ site to soil, maybe the soil was colder or compact, etc.? and the lights would have "seen" the first leaves before you did and supply the clorophyl to get them green

as far as nutes, u wont need any for the first week but get a complete fertilizer, if your going chemical id recommend Peter's 20-20-20 for veg

good luck

14. well its not really yellow its like lime green, yes i think the soil might have been a little cold and compact

15. also im using 2 26watt cfls will this be enough for one plant do i count them as 26 watts each or should i use the equivelent which is 100 also cfls dont get hot do they?