How long should it take to break the soil?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lebowski009, Nov 12, 2006.

1. This is my first indoor grow. I started by germinating about 15 bagseeds on Tuesday. 4 of the seeds had popped and had their taproots by Thursday morning. So I put them in their pots. I have a soil mixture of 4 parts organic top soil, 2 parts vermiculite, and 2 parts perlite. I wetted the soil until the water ran out of the drainage holes. I then made a small hole to stick the popped seeds into with the taproot down. I covered the seeds with a little soil and put some clear bags over the pots to keep the humidity in.

It is now Saturday night and I cannot see any signs of them breaking the soil yet. I have read numerous posts on the forum but no one really seems to say how long it took for the seeds to break the soil. So I am just wondering if I did something wrong or what. Any info that anyone might have would be great. Thanks to everyone on this forum because if it was not for you I would never have started this new hobby.

2. I did mine that way and they popped above soil within 36-48 hours. I didn't give them light until they popped above soil.

3. i did the same as whodi. i stuck in 5 seeds and got 5 popped withen 30 hours