Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long should I wait to smoke after having all my wisdom teeth removed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by jbrahh, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Hey guys, so it's the 9th of November and I got 4 Wisdom teeth and 1 baby tooth that didn't come through properly pulled out last week on the 4th, so 5 days ago. And I was wondering how long I should wait before I spark up again, my dentist only told me 'just don't smoke for a while' not actually how long. I still have a fair bit of pain but have stopped taking codeine tablets, because it is bearable.

And I know there are alot of other threads on this topic but everybody has a different situation

Any help would be appreciated :)

2. Well if I remember correctly, the only thing smoking can do is give you dry rot where your bottom 3rd mollars. Like a scab inside your gum, that supposedly hurts. Smoking will make your mouth dry, irritate the area, etc. Just take like one hit, try and get it straight to the throat, and keep your mouth moist if you must smoke.

Not like you'll get an infection and die from smoking, but you could get it infected and take even longer to heal.

3. Its called a dry socket and can be very painful. I would say wait at least 5 days with no smoking and keeping them covered and clean. When all four of mine were removed, (all impacted), the first time I smoked I made sure not to hit the pipe hard. Think of sucking on a straw, AND STAY AWAY FROM THAT MOTION!

4. ^Agreed. Vaping, smoking, drinking out of a straw, any pulling motion, will cause the terribly painful dry socket. Take it seriously unless you want to impede recovery and be in for a world of hurt.