how long should I wait for germination?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ReallyRed, Nov 19, 2009.

1. yeah, i've got some seeds germinating in some jiffy-pots in one of those plant dome germination thingies that you can get... it's been almost a week for one and another about two... i'm starting to get a little worried about the newer one but i think that the older one is gone.

but, how long would you wait before abandoning them and trying again?

p.s. i got the seeds from 420seedbank in toronto... mostly because i've NEVER found any bagseed from when i've picked up from my guy... yeah, that's great for my smoking but kinda shitty for acquiring bagseed :p

oh, if it helps, it's a sativa named Summertime Buddha.

2. Shoulda just thrown them in a small pot or Rapid Rooers w/ Humidity Dome n skipped the germination step..the worst that usually happens is the seedling sprouts with a seed-case on it that falls off within a couple weeks.

3. up to 10 days .

4. i don't know what's going on... still absolutely no sign of sprouting for any of the seeds. i'm starting to get frustrated.

i did all the proper steps. fresh medium (i even tried one in regular soil) and even did the dunk-test (They all sank.)

for curiosity, i dug up the ones that were planted first. the shell had split and it looked like the taproot was just at the edge but it didn't go out of there. i don't have access to a ph meter but i'm using regular tap water. the lights are on for 18/6... this setup worked last time.

and the temperature is kept constant at 74 degrees (the ones in the grow-dome thing are probably getting a bit higher than that.)

damn this is frustrating... i'm at a loss as to what could be causing this. have i just got some bad/weak seeds?

5. bumping thread... c'mon y'all surely there's got to be someone that can help shed some light on this.

6. sorry man. you got bunk seeds. dunk a coffee filter in Ph adjusted water. fold up a seed in it. put it in a ziplock back and leave it on top of your router for 3 days (its warm up there). if its not sprouted chances are it wont. should get around 95% germination though.

7. chuck em in the bin after 2 weeks but if mine are not done in ten day odd, i just sling them. as for water, just use water from a normal water filter if you have one. it took my tap water from 7.2 to 6.2! good luck!