How long should I veg?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fuzzymuffin, Dec 9, 2010.

1. #1 fuzzymuffin, Dec 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2010
    I'm trying to find out how long I should veg my plants. I've done some reading on this and it's only made me more confused. Some say it's okay to flower as long as the plant has vegged for 30 days while others say to veg 30-45 days while still others say to veg at least 30 days and until the plant reaches about 1/3 the intended height at harvest. I'm tempted to go with the later choice but wanted to hear from you folk first. Thanks.:cool:

2. i veg for 2 weeks.then bud the rest because i want mine to stay short. i guess its all up 2 you but i would go with the 1/3 rule

3. If indoors, veg. until the canopy is nearly full.To get yield indoors think surface area not height or age.When you have the canopy full of tops its past time to flower.Growing longer makes no sense because the light only penetrates about 1-2 feet.Look up sea of green or screen of green.These are the two methods most growers use that are looking for big yields from small spaces.So in a sea of green I'd say when the canopy is 2/3 full it's 12/12 time.Screen of green takes a bit longer but will produce the absolute most yield at one harvest.It takes around 20-40 days longer to Screen a crop.Low stress training is all the rage right now.

4. depends on whether you grow from seed or clone. clones are genetically mature while seeds need time to mature properly. a seed must be grown until it begins asymmetrical growth. this is a sign it is mature. you can flower before this but the quality and yield will suffer. for clones you need to flower based on plants per sq ft. 4 plant per sqft for a quick, no veg flower. 1 plant per sqft for a 2 week veg. for veg cycles longer than that listen to the other posts they have it correct

5. Go with ehe 1/3 rule and if u got enough room and light go big.

6. I wait until the plant is 1/2 the final size and then flip the lights a week before that...

7. This is the easiest/ best way. Forget all the how long, or how big bullshit.........Just throw 'em in the flower room when they are half as big as you want them to be when they finish.
    peace B

8. screw all that 30 day bs or whatever , i go by if the plant looks ready, i flower at a foot and let the trics tell me when she's ready to come down

9. Thanks guys. That makes a lot of sense. I Think I may be making the flip shortly then.:D