How long should i let my plant starve

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by edwardvanhalen, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Hey guys I just flushed my plants and i will cut in 2 weeks.
    I was wondering how many times do you guys water your plants after you flush.

My plants will need to be watered about 4 days after flush, so i was wondering if i should just flush it 7 days after the flush and then not water it at all for the last seven days.
    Any opinions?

2. Bump bump bum haha ne opinions

3. My thoughts are that if you let it dry out more in the soil, it will dry faster out of the soil aka when drying and curing. I'm sure; there may be some sort of pro and con to watering it more, and letting it dry more, but I'm not experienced enough to be able to give you facts sorry. Hope this helps.

4. #4 BadKittySmiles, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2011
    Water as needed, harvest when ready :)

edit: I will say, you should try to plan for at least one or two 'dry' days prior to the chop. Just the way I like to do it for drying purposes, and it makes the resin appear more 'prominent' on some strains.

5. ^This.

You may find that after the flush it takes longer than usual for the soil to need watering, the flush can saturate the soil more thoroughly than your regular watering, depending how you do it, so don't be surprised if it's longer than 4 days. But stick to the regular watering needs and don't water real close to harvest.

6. If it's soil, the flush isn't necessary at all. IT just increases a chance for mold, it's better to do it mid flower to rid of salt buildups and just finish it whenever but the last few waterings should be plain ph'd. Molasses is ok though.