How long should I leave my lights on rockwool sprouts

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GermanDude, Mar 4, 2012.

1. #1 GermanDude, Mar 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2012
    Sorry if this has been asked before, I found it hard trying to word my google searches. Any who, I have two cool little sprouts in two starter plugs..they still have their little helmets on, and one is a day behind the other. I was curious how long I should leave my lights on them at this stage, 24/7 or will that surely kill them.

http://imgur.com/Xp7pA

Update: One lost it's helmet and showed it's first two leaves :D

2. in veg, you can go a couple of ways. 24/7, 18/6, or 16/8 which i use. there are a number of schedules people use, but these are the main 3, imo.

3. Thanks for the quick reply. 24/7 seems to be the easiest of them but might not be the best idea.

Is it common for a freshly sprouted to have some browning on its "first two leaves" or am I burning it already.

4. well, if you're giving a fresh sprout nutes already, you can count on burning.

5. I always use 4/20

6. No I using purely water until they're old enough to need nutes.

7. what's your medium, soil?

8. Rockwool, DWC hydroponic

9. I prefer 24/0 in veg. There no reason not too other than trying to save on the power bill.

10. HA Like this im going to do it just because it is going to make me laugh whenever i hear my lights and fans turn on now.

11. [quote name='"GermanDude"']Sorry if this has been asked before, I found it hard trying to word my google searches. Any who, I have two cool little sprouts in two starter plugs..they still have their little helmets on, and one is a day behind the other. I was curious how long I should leave my lights on them at this stage, 24/7 or will that surely kill them.

http://imgur.com/Xp7pA

Update: One lost it's helmet and showed it's first two leaves :D[/quote]

18/6 is best and the natural way