how long should i keep the light on

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bud_smoke, Apr 14, 2006.

1. i have 3 plants about 2 1/2 weeks old and i have a 100 watt sunlight spectrum bulb and i was wondering what would be the best amount of light i should give them

2. 18 hours of light and 6 dark per day during the veg stage. 12/12 for flowering
    Have ayou checked out anyone's else's grow journal. Or the Mj Bible at Garden'sCure.com?

3. is your bulb an incandescent or flourescent bulb?

4. Light Bulb Comparison:

Attached Files:

5. ^ if those cost savings aren't obvious to anyone, let me know and I'll come over and hit you on the head with a tack hammer.

6. Wait a minute!!
    That light bulb chart is bogus. A 400 watt HPS light uses the same amount of electricity as 4-100 watt incandescent bulbs. 400 watts is 400 watts and the kilowatt hours don't change just because one is HPS and the other CFL or incandescent or whatever; they are exactly the same.

7. I don't think it's an energy usage chart, it's comparing the strength in lumens.

8. Oh Ok. My bad. I thought it was an energy useage chart.

9. nah bro. It was showing that for the money spent on 400 WATTS, you get way more light out of a HPS light than you would out of another 400W light. So, to equal the lumen output of the HPS you better have 84 60W incans.

Grasscity Deals Near You