Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long should I hold my inhale in?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by whylogic, Apr 1, 2010.

1. I always count in my head 3-4 "Mississippi's" lol

2. Yeah... I'll do some more "hands-on research" on the volcano this weekend.... LOL, if you "know-what-I-mean"... LOL, you know.... "research"... with my lungs :)... (getting high).

What makes you such an expert? Years of experience, hundreds / thousands of hours of hands-on testing, voluminous amounts of reading online, solid logical / scientific inquiry and experimentation, and a deep understanding of the principal involved? Big deal... I watched over 7 YouTube videos... most of which where fully buffered I'll have you know.

Reply back when you can match my clearly novice and painfully inadequate anecdotal knowledge, "Mr. PHD".

/almost_too_much_sarcasm

3. Till you pass out.

4. Right up until you get mad tunnel vision. Then you're good to go!

5. i hold it about 3 seconds... i dnt puposefully do it, thats just how long is comfortable. I had to actually take a hit then count it out to tell you a number

6. I did not read what other wrote but the whole holding in shit has no affect on how high you get. From the second the smoke enters your lungs 97% of the THC is absorbed. When you hold it in all you are doing is allowing time for the toxins in the smoke to absorb into your lungs the THC is already there so as soon as you get exhale it out.

Google it and you will find what I did when I first started smoking and thats holding it in does no good.

Your best bet is to get a vap if you can afford one, just dont get a cheap one.

7. 5.45 seconds.... I'm telling you.

8. Alright so i did a few tests on this myth last night, and from what i found, (which i kindof already knew) THC is far smaller particles than smoke. As the smoke rolls around in your lungs, the THC is the first to go because it's MUCH more easily sipped through the pores of your lungs.

Where the smoke, will plug pores of your lungs. (hence the reduced body performance of tobacco users) With the volume of air contaminates in your lungs searching for a place to go to reduce concentration, i confirmed that 95% of the THC is absorbed within the first 4 seconds max. (depending on the hit.)
    If you take a maaaaaaaaasive hit, 4.3 seconds
    If you do it like you always do, 3.5 seconds is more than enough. After about 77% of the THC is absorbed, the tar/other contaminates begin to be absorbed. So 3.5 is the way to go. I'd only go more if your in a competition of who can take the biggest hit or some shit. lol

9. like everyone said, 3-6 seconds. Any longer isn't worth the damage it does to your lungs.
    inb4 everyone goes 'OMG WEED ISN'T BAD 4 U'
    Any type of smoke is bad, we're not meant to have it floating around in our lungs. It just wont give you cancer.

10. Those seem like awfully precise time measurements. Was this a subjective anecdotal test or an empirical / scientific experiment?

P.S. (for some in this thread)...
    And AGAIN: I already have a volcano and my original post was in reference to holding the VAPOR in, NOT smoke! Obviously holding smoke in isn't a good idea. But if the THC vapor is harmless / good, then maybe I would in fact want to hold it in. That was the original question; yet posters are still saying stuff like "smoke is bad for your lungs, so don't hold it in long"... well duh!!! That wasn't really the question now, was it?

11. apparently nobody knows for sure.

but i don't understand ppl saying that holding too long is bad because it deprives the brian of o2. swimmers/divers hold their breath for far longer while doing physically exhausting activities.