Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long should i decarb??

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by drosmoke34, Sep 15, 2012.

1. I've heard many different times and heats, anyone have a legit answer? I'm trying to make butter tonight so please help.

2. It actually depends on the dryness of the marijuana. If you're using something like the bud in your avatar pic, I use a pyrex pie plate and an oven temp of 220F. Grind your weed before putting in the oven but it doesn't really need to be coffee grinder fine. Put your plate of weed in the oven for 25-30 minutes. If using more than an ounce you may want to add a few more minutes. This is my answer and I consider it legitimate:D. You'll get a slight pot smell by the end but it shouldn't be overwhelming.

3. [quote name='"PsychedelicSam"']It actually depends on the dryness of the marijuana. If you're using something like the bud in your avatar pic, I use a pyrex pie plate and an oven temp of 220F. Grind your weed before putting in the oven but it doesn't really need to be coffee grinder fine. Put your plate of weed in the oven for 25-30 minutes. If using more than an ounce you may want to add a few more minutes. This is my answer and I consider it legitimate:D. You'll get a slight pot smell by the end but it shouldn't be overwhelming.[/quote]

Thanks man, I've heard this before but I wanted to make sure.

4. Because I do a lot of edibles, I researched it pretty heavily and found this as the most used time and temp range. This timing is based on the dryness of the weed, of course. Brick weed might only need 10 or 15 minutes because it's already nearly a year old or even more. I'm decarbing some dank trim tomorrow and this will be what I do. Happy canna cooking. :smoke:

5. I've found baking twice on 180 degrees f works well. Remember to seal your dish before putting it in the oven with tinfoil. After the first bake (10 mins), turn the heat off and let it cool for ten mins, then unwrap and mix your weed (like flipping a burger, you don't want the heat on one side for too long), and put back in a preheated oven for an extra 10-15 mins.