Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long should a tolerance break be?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by EarlOfLemonKush, Aug 25, 2013.

1. So, I'm on probation sadly. I haven't smoked since April of this year. Before then, I had some times that I would smoke myself sober. Do you think my tolerance is going to still be high? How long does a good tolerance break need to be?

2. Atleast 30 days IMO

3. #3 Tree Burner, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2013
    I've never gotten the "smoke yourself sober" thing. I've gotten to where it didn't seem like I was getting higher....but I was pretty damn high. I think the most I smoked was a quarter of dank in one day. :confused_2:

My breaks are usually long but I'd say a month....I dunno.

4. 2 weeks minimum imo, I'm currently on a one month break cause my mom bet me I couldn't. 150 richer in a couple weeks

Sent from my HTCONE using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. if you smoked now you'd get reall high.

6. I just took a forced 3ish week t break after having a really high tolerance. After 3 weeks, my tolerance is no really low, one bowl and I'm high, 2-3 and I'm stoned. It's saving me on weed, money, and I get high and the highs feel fresh again. That was the main problem before. The highs were standard and all the same. Music was music, tv was tv, everything was still boring just less boring when I was stony. Now, music is better, tv is funnier, and all that.

7. For me it's like a week off and bamm I get ripped into pieces, a month I reckon I would be giggling like a little girl for hours

8. 4 or 5 days do the trick for me. I am trying to cut down to smoking a half gram a day, but the bomb ass buds i have been getting taste so good and smoke so smooth that it's hard to resist.

9. That is honestly up to you.

10. This ^^^, when I know I have a half oz of ultra dank waiting to be grinded up and get ripped out of my bong the temptation is overwhelming :unsure::unsure:

Sent from my HTCONE using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. As long as you want. My longest t break was 3 months and I got ripped outta my mind my first time smoking after it. I'm going to take 2-3 days off from smoking now, not really for tolerance reasons, my brain jus needs a little break haha

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. If you haven't smoked since April you'll get high as phuck from one bowl.  But a T break should be around a month or so if you're doing a real one, not a "I'll just wait till I can get some more" break.

13. Okay, I go on a 2day on 4day off plan and it seems to work. I'd say even a month is plenty surely?

How long does it take to get accustomed to it again? Would seem silly to go 3 months without just so you can get extra high for a few days, I'd rather just pack a fat one to get extra high.

14. Long enough to piss clean on a home drug test

15. Depends on the person, I'd say the average is about 1-2 weeks for the tolerance to drop about 75%. But as I said it varies on the person. For me it is like 4-5 days, but I'm not as a frequent smoker as I use to be.

16. 24 hrs or smoke on the weekends only.

17. In your case, probably until you get off probation would be a good idea.