Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How Long Should A Dab/wax Last (1 Gram)?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Hamachi12, May 30, 2014.

1. About 7gs of herb will more or less get you about a gram of oil btw...
    A gram of oil would last me a month, low tolerance.. I just smoke flowers for now though

2. so I need to buy a rig basically that's specifically for wax/concentrates?i only have normal bongs/pipes so was told to buy glass screens to go in bong?Anyone help me out plz?
    Also is it a pure waste to put in a joint?

3. Get a oil vape pen for on the run it works wonders with oil!

4. #24 Desert Rose, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    Wax is more cost effective than flower in the long run. It costs more because 1 gram of wax equals several grams of flower - To make 1 gram of wax/oil it takes 6-16 grams of plant material (the amount depends on the quality of plant material and/or wax). I pay around $50 a gram, and 1 gram can last me 4 weeks of regular, light use (for recreational use, I have other wax reserved for that). So I would say it would last you at least a week if you're new to wax. Tip: I would alternate between wax and flower to avoid the infamous "dabs tolerance", which is when your tolerance becomes very high due to wax being very concentrated in THC, that flower may not have the same effect on you, until of course you lower your tolerance through abstaining.

Edited to add clarifications.

5. i would break it down to mg of thc, and the ratio is about an eighth of top shelf to a gram of quality wax, and here in cali you can get that for around 40 dollars. while the top shelf nug is around that same price.

6. That's like asking how long would a bottle of 750 ml last me... weed or wax isn't a one size fits all.

And didn't you start a thread complaining about vape pens???

7. I love when people call wax "dabs" haha. just take a small dab and see what works for you. I get the most out of my money with wax vs weed

8. Cost effectiveness in terms of purchase to preservation is a ratio no two people have the same. You spend $70 one time, get your 1g of wax, load your vape pen once, and hope you don't vape it dry in one weekend. Now extreme lightweights will tell you that should last a month because they have habits of someone who smokes 1-2 times a week. That obviously does not apply to everyone.

Now you spend $15 on one gram of solid dank herb. Cost to experience ratio will tell you the $55 you saved will make you $55 happier for other reasons that give your trade off the cost benefit of enjoying why you picked up herb in the first place.

9. You have Flower rigs......just buy a banger or quartz nail that fit the rig you have and see what a gram of oil does for you. We are all different

Sent from my SM-G928V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. [​IMG] bought this cheap banger for my main bong just to test it out.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Okay I'm late here but wanted to add my 2 cents in. It really depends on how much you smoke. I've had a gram last me a week and ive had a gram last me a hour. I also agree that you should learn to spot the difference between different types of wax and their quaility level. Dab up!

12. Dab doers tend to force everyone down the rabbit hole into the gateway. Never heard of stoners pushing people to expensive hard to make designer drugs. This dab craze makes amphetamines look doable, despite the steep price of the habit.

Smoking weed every day is a suggestion; doing dabs is what drug users do when weed isn't "good enough" to get "fucked up."

In order to be fucked up, alcohol, even in the form of ethanol, must be used or abused.

Since health is most important and spending 70 bucks every 3 days is for fat cats and just isn't actually feasible for most, the difference between smoking weed and doing drugs is night and day. Poison always looks enticing until the intoxicating effects are too much to handle. To each, their own socratic oath...

13. Are you never not on here complaining about wax? I mean did you have a bad experience with it that makes you so cautious about it? Also do you feel the same about oil that is used for peoples treatments but isnt pure flower which is the only acceptable form to you? Genuinely curious also I see that this might read a bit aggressive but not my intention .

14. To be blunt, it is about the economics of the situation similar to how cannabis became marijuana due to rebranding and legislation passed on propaganda terms. Too many unknowing consumers are being highway robbed into this gateway of recreation and are having to pay a high price to get what they want.

Weed shouldn't have to be expensive but the current war on drugs is making the situation overall too tense to enjoy.

15. I'd say a g of wax is similar to 3.5g of flower

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum