Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How Long Should A Dab/wax Last (1 Gram)?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Hamachi12, May 30, 2014.

1. So they sell it for $70 a gram and that seems really high when I can get a gram of normal weed for $15.

I have no idea how much I smoke and I would wanna know which is the most cost effective. I'm getting a vape pen for my weed and stuff so yeah

Get my official license in 3 weeks :D

2. Vape pens will just end up combusting your herb and wasting your money. As for butane hash oil I recommend you learn the process in which is made and how to spot good quality bho from the bad. It also costs more because it takes more than a gram of weed to get a gram of wax.

3. #3 SiberianShepherd, May 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2014
    Wax is expensive because it can range from 70-90+ percent thc, and just to get a few grams you need a couple ounces of trim(or nug run) You should also think about getting a oil rig set-up. Hits a lot better than any vape in my opinion.

EDIT: Also 1 gram lasts my GF and I 2-3 days.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thats around the price here. It should last you from a week to 2 weeks.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S4 Active

5. I started with wax using vape pens, they work and conserve wax as well, but not for weed. Now I use a rig with just one small dab, quick and hits good. I smoke very little, one gram of wax I bought a month ago, still have most of it. Then again, the nine grams I bought four months ago, still have half of it. So it all depends how much you smoke, I smoke everyday, wax or solo vape.

6. #6 BillBluesky, May 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2014
    Is there like a ratio? Like X grams of wax/dab... will be equivalent to X amount of top shelf? 

Edit: I'm trying to post a new topic but every time I click post it just takes me to the preview screen again. Anyone know what's going on? Thanks. 

7. Damn 70, no thanks. A gram lasts me 2 days max, but I only pay 16-18 a g of top shelf shatter so I'm not as stingy with it. First gram I got lasted me a week.

8. With the wax you obviously use little compare to weed. But with $70 worth of weed, you might use it longer than a gram of wax. I pay $65 for a gram of wax and few bucks more for shatter. I bought my first gram of wax but I had them split it in two half grams to have two dIfferent strains to try, you should do that.

9. Dab the whole gram in one hit. It won't even get you that high

Sent from my SM-T217S using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. If it;s 70 a gram then stick with flower. You should try to pay 30-40 for good wax, no more than 50 if its c02 or something.

11. As someone who will smoke 3-4 grams on a heavy day and <1 on a normal one, a gram of BHO lasts me about two weeks. Especially if you have low tolerance.

12. All depends. Wax will make your tolerance go up fast, at that price I would say just stick to herb. Im in florida and the most I pay for wax is 60 and it looks like this.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Go for the wax, it's more cost effective in the long run. If you've got a low tolerance to concentrates then a gram of wax or shatter that's GOOD quality should last you bout a week. Once you start dabbin' for a while a gram will last you 1-3 days.

14. Gram of concentrate last me about the same amount of time as an 1/8.  1 day to 1 week.

15. Now, at college, I primarily smoked using a gravity bong. When I had wax, I'd just take smaller (less bud) gravs and put a little bit of wax on top. This stretched both the bud and the wax considerably. 

16. dont bother paying 70 bucks for a gram.

remember, weed and oil and whatever other form of thc smokable is a consumable. once its smoked out its gone. all that money. 70 bucks for a little smear of oil is garbage.

its so easy to grow your own and make your own oil. the internet makes it a piece of cake. just find a tutorial.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. At one point I was dabbing 1g per day..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pTJfEvNmHo&sns=em

Watch this kid drop a 3g piece. ..

Take fat dabs!!

PEACE

Couldnt have said it better myself

19. 1 gram lasted about a week when I first get off t break now it lasts about half a week

20. 1 gram of wax last me about a month or 2 since it reserve for the weekend only. I smoke/vape dank during the week and dab on the weekend so I'm getting the best of 2 worlds.

Stoner Athlete
    Train Insane or Remain The Same.

• Creative Creative x 1