Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long of no smoking would it take to pass a drug test

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by erickf18, Jun 8, 2016.

1. I know it's different for everyone but for me how long should I give it before taking a drug test for a future job.

I am 6ft at 205lbs. I smoke weed almost everyday ranging from a couple dabs to a single bowl of herbs. I'm not the most active but i can be to put effort into detoxing myself. I have been smoking everyday for about 3 and a half years. I've been pretty heavy for the past 3 years and i used to dab everyday for the past year and a half.

2. Depends on the type of test given. For a lab test you will need at least 30 days clean whereas a dipstick style of test can possivly be passed with several days clean and very heavy dilution. Swabs can be passed 24-48 hours clean but most are supposed detect up to 96 hours possibly more depending on test. Just brush very good for those and use mouthwash.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I think it's one of the pee tests. It's for a hosptial job. So at least 30 days or more.

4. Yeah I'd count the on 30. Buy test strips on Amazon or the dollar store and you will know when you are clean for sure. They are usually only 1-2 bucks a piece

5. Nope, I'd say 20 days is a bit more accurate for you. Even though you smoke every day, you don't smoke nearly as much as alot of people do, which is why they tend to need 30 days. You arent super overweight either. I smoked every day for a year and passed in 2 weeks, but Im super skinny. Thats just my 2 cents

6. I would think you will take longer than 30 days, possibly up to 45 or 60. Smoking every day for 3.5 years, even if it isn't a huge amount is going to have THC stay in your system longer than a person who smoked like once a week or less. If you exercise a lot that can help you pass slightly quicker...I know if I quit I would personally give myself far longer than 30 days to be confident I would be clean, although I smoke a little more than you (probably a gram or less a day and a few dabs)