Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long of a tolerance break should I take?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by fireballofdoom, Jan 18, 2015.

1. #1 fireballofdoom, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
    I am currently on a tolerance break. I am aiming for 30 days so pretty much a month. Currently, as of right now I am on day 6. Before I decided to take a tolerance break I had to smoke about 5 or 6 decent sized bowls out of my bong which is way too expensive for me right now. I have been smoking on and off for about 3 years now. I also am taking about 3 grams of omega 3 fish oil a day as I've read it helps lower your tolerance. I don't want it to be down back to when my tolerance was zero though. When I first started smoking, I always got way too high and pretty much made me unable to talk or I'd say like one sentence every 5 minutes. Any suggestions on how long my tolerance break should be?

Edit: Also, I believe the weed I was smoking was dank but not super dank

The most difficult part of a tolerance break is breaking the psychological habit of smoking. In short, you need to remember how engaging and fun sober life can be. One way to do this is by keeping yourself busy, especially with physical activity. In general, when I take a tolerance break, I try to keep my week as full as possible with work, school, exercise, and projects to keep my mind off of cannabis and my body tired at the end of the day. It's much easier to avoid the pitfalls of sleep deprivation if you've been hiking, playing sports, putting in hours at work, or crafting something all day so that when you go to bed, you're physically and/or mentally exhausted :bongin: 

3. I would say atleast a month....jus stay busy like above poster said....after the first week it only gets easier....

4. I'm not looking to get my tolerance to virgin status though. I don't find it really that enjoyable as I have said in my original post, I get extremely quiet and almost never say anything if I get too high.