Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how long of a break to get rid of panic attacks?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 420Juggalo610, Oct 11, 2012.

1. I've been suffering from panic attacks all year and its preventing me from smoking it got bad last month but now I'm not having any panic attacks while I driving. I've cut back on smoking haven't smoked in 3 weeks. How long of a t-break do I need to get rid of this shit?

2. A break wont help, it didn't in my case anyway, if anything it will make it worse, because the next time you go to toke will be a big event, and the first thing that will be in your mind will be the panic attacks.

I've been suffering panic attacks recently aswell, i've had chest pains and every time I smoke my chest gets tighter, and this caused me to think I was about to die or was close to having a heart attack.

In my experience the best way to overcome this is through video games. Play a game like COD and get into a game, have some food by aswell (that helps me because it convinces me that i'm sobering up when i'm eating) once you're in-game, your mind will be set on that game and nothing else, and soon enough the panic attacks will be gone.

That's what worked for me anyway.

3. yeah like james said video games are really good just to take your focus away from your anxiety/panic attacks. If those only add to your problems, a quick nap should clear you up, provided you can actually get to bed.

Have you figured out what triggers the panic attacks? Maybe it's not weed, maybe its something else in your life? I'm the kind of guy who needs everything set where it should be, plans need to be made and stuck with. So whenever theres alot on my plate and i'm feeling nervous or anxious or whatever about it, i find physically writing down everything i have to do on a list helps me sort everything out and order things how i want to do them

4. Yeah I'm in my last semester of community college and I'm nervous and anxious to graduate and transfer to a university

5. I've tried the video game apporach it works a little bit but the panic attacks still tried to take over so it still was an uncomfortable session

6. School will do it lol exact same thing for me. Try thinking specifically what you need to do and what you're nervous for and make a list of it so you can see exactly how much you have to do and you can allot your time accordingly.

7. smoke smaller amounts. you could be smoking way too much product at each sesh. a waste imo

8. 1-4 day break then back on it in small amounts, eventually you will make friends with weed again and wonder what all the fuss was about.

9. Smoke smaller amounts :( Im really sorry to hear that though i get the same thing so i can relate, the chest pains concerned me enough i went to a doctor he scanned me and told me it was just acute anxiety making my heart race super fast and make me freak out :( This was even happening when i wasnt smoking but i do have some serious anxiety, mine passes and go's with each day whether or not im affected though its kinda odd, some days im confident and ready others im introverted and bleh

Iv more or less got mine under control now, ill have fleeting moments of worry if im just sitting there thinking cause paranoia takes over which leads to anxiety,Just try to change what youre thining about and do something to distract youreself, if you have a pet talk and console with it :)
    Youre cat wont judge you for saying whats causing youre attacks and i find even if im talking to something that cant respond it helps me organize my brain and get over the attack.

Just think positive, and dont smoke in large groups, stick with people you know and trust ( best friends, Significant others, siblings or parents whatever you have) That way if something goes bad they can help you out.

Youll get a handle on it one day trust me, not like you have a choice in the matter, Having anxiety is the worst and limits me hugely on what I do but Its gotta be dealt with to be able to live properly :)

10. Try taking a single hit at a time. That's how I got rid of my panic attacks.

Take a hit, and wait a while. If you still get panic attacks after 1 hit then you may want to try vaping. It's more of a calm and mellow high.

11. disagree on the vaping part, quantity smoked and type of MJ are more important factors imho.

12. oh and high CBD strains blueberry is good.

13. I had a couple panic attacks when I was first starting out I just got too high. I took like a week break and then I chilled with a friend in a safe spot and just smoked and hung out and I've been fine ever since. My advice is to just clear your mind and really really know that nothing is wrong and in the end everything will be ok. just my 2 cents

14. I get panic attacks with smoking so i usually take a 1mg of Xanax, anything more and i forget getting stoned. Also smoke a strain high in CBD and low in THC, be around people you trust and just take it slow..

15. Anxiety is mostly neurological but it can become an endless cycle if you allow it to... I'd say 2 months tops if you're strong minded besides that it could be years.

Phys Ed: Why Exercise Makes You Less Anxious - NYTimes.com

This helped me when I had massive anxiety and basically daily panic attacks, it takes a month to notice anything but by 6 weeks you feel great and not anxious in the least... definitely worth giving a try.

16. It comes in waves for me. I panic everytime I smoke for about 3 weeks till I quit for a month or two. Then I slowly ease myself back into it for another 3-6 months. Rinse and repeat.

My 2 cents is that it is caused by broken cb-1 and cb-2 receptors. It is widely known that they have a profound effect when they die off. This is caused by a high influx of omega 6s and a lack of omega 3s

In order to prevent panic attacks I suggest a healthy dose of omega 3s which repair cb-1 and cb-2 receptors. Fish oil capsules are a great way to start, but you can also try flax seed and other alternatives. Also, another great way to reduce anxiety in general is to change your diet. Try some healthier food choices and cut-out the "junk food." Not only that, but a small amount of running each day releases endorphins ("feel good chemicals") into the brain at crazy amounts i.e. "runners high." Hell if you start running gradually greater amounts each day you might even lose a few pounds and increase cardiovascular health! :smoke::smoke:

As long as I'm giving health tips a handful of almonds a day can help maintain healthy cholesterol levels!

P.S. this is all theoretical that I thought up while thinking here; however, It is all fact based. I'm picking up some fish oils tomorrow.

17. It may be the strains you are smoking! Most smoking cannabis has scads of THC, but little or no CBD. Some folks NEED a bit of CBD in their cannabis for the best results!

Cannabidiol inhibits THC-elicited paranoid symptoms and hippocampal-dependent memory impairment. (abst – 2012) Cannabidiol inhibits THC-elicited paranoid... [J Psychopharmacol. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Cannabidiol reduces the anxiety induced by simulated public speaking in treatment-naïve social phobia patients. (abst – 2011) \tCannabidiol reduces the anxiety indu... [Neuropsychopharmacology. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Involvement of serotonin-mediated neurotransmission in the dorsal periaqueductal gray matter on cannabidiol chronic effects in panic-like responses in rats. (abst – 2012)
    Involvement of serotonin-mediated ... [Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

New medical strains of cannabis that have CBD in them as well as THC are being bred in California and other MMJ states.

Granny

18. I recommend just take a small hit, and be done, it helps me with anxiety.