Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long of a break should I take?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Pngwyn, Jun 19, 2012.

1. I've been smoking pretty much daily for the past 2 years, probably 2-5 bowls a day bong or vaporizer. Gonna take a small tolerance break, thinking about going 2 weeks.

Will it be worth it? Should I break for longer? I'm just scared that after I take my break my tolerance is gonna jump back to where it used to be regardless of the break.

2. Dude, I'm goin on a 2 week break myself starting tomorrow. It will definitely be worth it. Just don't go insane with the blazing after.

3. Two weeks, if not three or four. It'll be hard as shit but worth it as soon as you start smoking again.

4. Loool half way through day one.. feels weird as fuck. Dunno what to do with myself xD

5. I started my T-BREAK journey last thursday.

been documenting each day. my thread is in the fitness section.

Its a 2 week break...so once i hit this thursday ill be half way.
    check it out. and good luck. its not that hard, if you got self control.

btw just to add, i was/am a daily toker of 3 years. so yeah.

6. do longer if you want to but two weeks should be plenty buy like an eighth and get a shit load of funny stoner movies like pineapple express and grandmas boy and a few friends and just get high off your balls

7. Studies indicate that tollerance lowers significantly the first week. Then it slightly lowers the second week and by the third its almost complete. 4 is overkill imo

8. any break wud b good...think of how ur lungs r going b....fresh air lol...goodluck.

9. Do two weeks but don't plan on smoking as soon as your off your scheduled break, on the 15th day try not to smoke and do this for a couple extra days, it will really help get you a lot higher.

10. #10 Pngwyn, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2012
    I don't understand.. wouldn't that mean that the break isn't actually over? o_O

Today a couple friends came over and smoked and it took all my willpower to say no when they handed the pipe to me hahah.

I got self control, but sometimes I have no control over it. :p I'm dedicated though.

Awesome if that is true.. where can I find these studies?

11. Atleast link..

12. I'm taking a week break. I'm a daily smoker and am on vacation with my hrs family. Last smoked this past Sunday, and won't till this coming Sunday or Monday.

I was in Myrtle beach for a few days and made sure to swim laps(i used to swim butterfly real good, and found I could only do a lap the first day haha), go jogging etc.

Exercise keeps your mind off it, gives you endorphins and makes you feel good.

Also, i work night shifts so I tend to sleep till 11am or later and fall asleep at 4am. I found that if you wake up early, like 6:30-7, have some coffee, enjoy your morning. Dont take a nap, and if you keep yourself busy I asure youll have an easier time sleeping(I have some serious sleep issues, and been on meds to help for as long as I can remember.)

The best thing to make the sleep thing easier is really just wear yourself out.

Personally I never had/have cravings to smoke. Sure I wouldn't mind a spliff(my tool of choice), but its kinda whatever.