Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long is too long

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by insomnia420, Mar 12, 2010.

1. I made some tea with about 1.5 grams and I wanna save it for the weekend so I covered it and put it in my closet how long can i keep it there b4 it goes bad

ps the "herbs" are still in the jar

2. #2 insomnia420, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2010
    at least vote in the pole if your not gonna reply plz

3. #3 redpoisoneyes, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2010
    1.depends on how dry it is right now 2. temp matters 3. the way it was cured. me i would choose an air tight container just large enough to hold my stash and then put it in the fridge for up to two weeks or freezer for a month or so. with tea same applies lower temp slows fermentation and rot. pot is living matter just like veg so over time it will rot or mold.

4. oh:wave: and P.S. I love pot sun tea:cool:, chilled with a little but of lemon and honey. i use a french coffee press to squeeze my soggy ground buds at the end to get more color and flavor out or it.:D oh and also put the honey in befor you chill it lol.:hello:

5. i just hope you know that thc dont stick to water no matter how hot it maybe. if you make pot butter than you can make tea. but its kinda odd cuz it taste like butter. ive done it and its ok if your in the mood.

6. I have a french press travel mug at my house, i never though how good that would strain weed out. I think ill make pot sun tea once it warms up.

7. what your looking for in the heating cooling process is to release the thc from the plant matter to free float in the water.
    What your doing is getting the thc to stick to the fats in the butter then letting the fats free float in the water. not a bad taste but doing it that way is called a bud totty not tea. i have never had a bud totty with tea in it come to think probably not bad though. when we make bud totty (expecially in the winter here) we use apple cider and cinnamon sticks searved nice and tosty but not scalding. I have also had a warm bud totty without the mixer and that way way way tastes like butter eww.

In my opinion if your going to make bud butter though the best way to eat it is in a buttered up tosted PB & J

8. Longest I kept was about 2 or 2 1/2 weeks. My shit was stil as dank as the day I bought it.

9. guys it was unrefrigerated for a day and now it looks really weird like the butter is old or sumtin ill post a pic

10. turns out i cant post a pic becuase my camra shoots in to high res or somtin. it might just be the butter solidifying but idk any ideas?:confused:

11. Put that shit in a fridge. At room temperature, butter spoils quickly.

12. hmmm...your going to need a refrigerator if you plan on keeping it long term,or hide it deep in the back of the freezer,but put it in a water bottle so if someone sees it,they won't care.