how long in veg from seed?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by smoovy, Jun 27, 2011.

1. #21 bosey, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    400W HPS. It was the only way I could get temps under control without cutting holes in the closet. I removed the closet door handle, drilled the handle hole a bit to make it bigger, and mounted the duct over the hole.

It worked well but wasn't optimal because of the distance between the ac and the closet. Distance won't be an issue with a portable ac. You can set it outside your grow spot and use a smaller amount of ducting thus making it more efficient.

I could have done that with my tent but opted to have the window ac inside the tent for max efficiency. Doesn't take up any space either.

2. #22 smoovy, Jun 28, 2011
    No doubt... I've got an air cooled reflector and ill be running co2 so as long as I'm around 80 degrees ill be fine, I jus don't wanna by a window unit and have it not be enough and then have to go buy a portable unit on top of it....with a portable unit is it necessary to run an intake fan to pull the hot air out while the a/c pumps the cool air in? I don't want my co2 bein sucked outta the room every 30min

3. #23 bosey, Jun 28, 2011
    I don't use an exhaust because my window ac is both an exhaust and intake. It pulls hot air out and pushes cool air in.

If you get a portable ac with the intake and exhaust ducts it will only push cool air in because the ducts will be outside the grow room. So your CO2 will be preserved. Most portable acs that are over 10,000 BTU have exhaust and intake lines. Definitely a good option for your setup.

You would still need an exhaust if you use a carbon filter for smell though.

4. #24 smoovy, Jun 28, 2011
    True either way it would pull the co2 outta the tent...but there's really no way around it unless I want my whole place smelling like bud

5. Does regular topping effect quality?