How long have you had your Vaporizer for?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by JoeMcc, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Hey guys looking to buy my 2nd Vape and either getting a da buddha, extemeQ or Vtower just wondering what the durability is like on these desktop vapes as they do cost a lot of money wouldnt want it breaking on me after 1 year! (In fairness I havent seen many posts of these models failing)

What Vape do you have? How long have you had it for? Have you ever had any problems with it?

Peace :)

I've had a lot of different vapes over the 5 years that I've been vaping.   Currently using the LSV and I've had it for almost a year I think.   No problems.

Regarding the vapes you mentioned above, I think the Buddha may be the most reliable being that it doesn't have any mechanical moving parts like the EQ does.

Yeah man the LSV has had some great reviews!

I have been researching vapes all day (my head hurts) and I have sort of been leaning towards the EQ, but to be honest ive always said the more stuff it has the more that can go wrong! So now im very much leaning towards the DBV because of its simplicity! Decisions Decisions.

4. OP what vape do you currently have?

5. #5 Borborygmus, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2013
    Myself and 2 other friends have had the extreme q for 2 years. They are all still going.

6. I had a MFLB as my first quality vape. I still have that little box after like 5 years. 

Then i invested in a DBV and that baby worked through everything. I would keep it on constantly, and think i went 16 months before turning it off. I sold that to my buddy and it is still going after 4 years. 

I purchased a custom SSV because of have great they are manfactured and how long they last. I love 7th floor products. 

I have a MFLB at the moment, quite new to vaping so after reading up this seemed like a good first choice - I like it, but I really want to get a desktop vape as I mostly vape at home. What vape do you own?

I have been looking at the Da Buddha and it really is appealing to me.  Although still havent decided between that and the EQ.

I have the EQ and SSV. Both are great quality. I've also used Da Buddha, that's a good one too. SSV is a little better,  but also $50-$100 more.

9. I've had my extreme q since the beginning of February earlier this year. Love it and don't regret it one bit, it gives me a lot of resin that I will either put on a cotton swab and vape or ill smear it on top of a bowl to smoke.

10. Yeah the SSV has awesome reviews but I think Its gonna be the Da Buddha / Arizer EQ.  Which do you prefer using out of them both?  I was thinking more towards the DBV as it is a simple design and not too many things could go wrong where as the EQ has gadgets. Although I do like the fact EQ whip comes from the top and the DBV whip comes from the side and easier to lose bud :/ AGHHH DECISIONS lol!!

11. #11 notime4schwag, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2013

It was fun to use the balloons on the EQ, especially in a party setting, but they get kinda old after a while. It's not that things can go wrong with the EQ itself, but there are several glass pieces that you'll use everytime and if you're clumsy it's possible to break one. I never have though. The digital temparate guage and remote on the EQ are pretty sweet.

The DBV is much simpler to use and most people agree that it's a better whip than the EQ, because it's bigger and was designed just for that. As for losing bud, I think you just have to be careful not to overpack the bowl and never cough while you're taking a hit. You can get the hang of it. That's where the SSV has an advantage, it's on an angle so less chance that you'll lose bud.

Bottom line is if you're careful with your electronic devices, you don't have to worry about breaking a vape. And both 7th Floor and Arizer make great quality units. As for choosing one, I think everyone who buys a vape wrestles with the decision lol. You can't go wrong either way, just think about which one will meet your personal needs and preferences the best. And you can always get another unit down the road if money isn't too tight, so you'll have the best of both worlds. A lot of vape enthusists have more than one unit.

Let's us know how it turns out :smoke:

Yes I agree the balloons are a novelty which i will probably love at first but get bored of after a while.  I have to admit I think im leaning more towards the DBV at the moment just seems right for my preferences.

Yeah I have noticed that the DBV and EQ are constantly being compared - I think im just looking into it a bit too much haha! Im not usually clumsy with things so it shouldnt really be a problem with either. 

What are they both like in terms of smell and vapour density?  People have said they hook theres up to a bong for thicker vape clouds is this a good idea?

13. I've never hooked it up to a bong but it looks like a lot of a fun. As for smell, yeah it does still smell like weed while you're vaping but far less than if you're smoking in a room, and the smell is easier to conceal.