How long freeze exteaction tube

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by WaxyWilly, Jan 10, 2013.

1. How long should I pack the extraction tube n stick in the freezer for?

2. Your talking about a bho extraction tube, I wouldn't place in the freezer. Just let your product get really dry then do your run.
    If your making iso oil. Just freeze for about 1-3 hours. It's all preference.

3. There is no need to put an extraction tube into the freezer. It will not increase the yield or quality. You may want to do a little more research before doing your first run. Good luck.

4. I realize this thread is old but I see a noticable difference with the quality when I freeze my extraction tube to -30°, the butane is so light and faint of color it's hard to see the BHO dissolved in it sometimes but after purge I end up with 10-14 grams from a 80-90 gram tube. When I blast at higher temps the quality is much worse, the color is brown sometimes and the yield is higher meaning I am extracting more from it but less quality materials. Not 100% sure why but I have been doing it for 7 years now and I am just sharing my personal experience. The butane doesn't need to be frozen just the extration tube and only for 4 hours in the freezer and then use a air duster or other compressed air canister in a well ventilated room and empty the contents upside down over the tube to reach -30°, then blast your material as a wash, let the butane flow over the bud and out the end, after that you can do a secondary wash/soak to get the rest of the material out, using a closed loop system and/or a vacuum pump and a air tight tube. Soak for 20-30 min while frozen and then drain.