how long for spider mites to die?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by cns17, Feb 25, 2011.

1. I found mites, it was near the start but after veg stage. I decided to trim a little and I also used a bomb. I went in the next day and found a few lady bugs still alive and also mite:mad:

I know if the mites were to die, the eggs still would hatch and I would need to bomb again in about 5 days. I just think this seems a little drastic and if the bomb didn't kill the mites and the few lady bugs what good did the bomb do?

I'm not sure if it takes a few days to kill them after bombing or if it just didn't work...
    I do know I hate doing this to my plants!!! I would love to know a good time frame on how mites die off if anyone could help.

Also, I found this,

1/4 cup baking soda
    1/2 cup apple cider vineger
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    2 drops dish detergent
    1/4 teaspoon epsoon salt

It says to fill 2 liter with clean water and ingredients and shake well. poor into spray bottle and mist plant all over, let sit 20 mins. with clean water spray plant to wash off solution along with the desolved remails of the mites and their eggs.

Has anyone done this before?? Any good results??

Thanks for any and all help, this is pretty upsetting!

2. #2 Yoda, Feb 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2011
    neem oil works better..imo

the cycle is 3-5 days... the bomb whould have killed them..
    Sound like ur bomb didnt work....
    neem suficates the eggs to ,, get a good bomb though...
    they can be very tough to battle so hit them hard now...
    Id bomb wait three days and bomb again... then follow up with neem to be safe..

3. i agree get yourself a bottle of neem oil! it does something with the reproductive cycle of the mite so it cant lay eggs or something! worked great for me and the plants love the stuff!!!!!!!