How long for germinated seeds to sprout?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by yota420, Apr 15, 2009.

1. #1 yota420, Apr 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2009
    I just germinated some seeds using the paper towel method and after 3 days they all had half inch long sprouts (yea i know, i shoulda checked earlier). I planted 8 seeds with the tap root up last night and i still see no signs of sprouting... i know its early im just impatient... does anyone know how long it should take?
    Also, in central north carolina do you think the plants will be budding by mid-august? is there anyway to make them bud growing outside? They were inside and i just now moved them outside with a plastic bag over the top of the cup. When i put the seed in the hole i did each one so the taproot was barely below the surface and loosly covered them with dirt. I was using starter soil so when i planted them yesterday i tried to get it as moist as i could... i kept running watter through it and it kept just draining out the bottom... it looked alright when i put them up but when i got them today the top of the soil seemed dry so i sprayed them down with a spray bottle and now the soil is pretty moist but not soaking or anything...

2. well, you may have typed it wrong but the taproot is suppose to be pointing down, not up. Thats probably why they are taking so long. Dont sweat it tho, Ive heard trying to dig them up and re-position them is much more damaging then letting it grow upside down for a bit. just keep giving them what they need and they should be fine

3. Planting seeds directly in soil avoids this sort of error.

4. I just started my grow, and the method I used was to soak the seeds for 24 hours and then put them in the soil, even if they hadn't cracked. The first one sprouted 1.5 days later with the other sprouting shortly after. The last one broke through the soil about 2.5 days after planting. I've heard good things about the paper towel method, but being new to growing I went with a soak and soil to keep it simple, and it was 5 for 5 on germination.

5. Hey I am new on her on my first grow auto norten lights from vision seeds .. The first seed I used a pellet but notheing came from it left it to week still nothing must ov been a bad seed ... With my second seed I did the wet paper towel trick germinated within 2 days so I put it in it's final pot but it still has not sprouted after 4 days think I may of put it in to deep if so is it safe t move again or will I be better of waiting ??? Any help would be grate thanks

6. lucky lol i put 24 seeds straight into soil about 5 days ago and only 4 sprouted 

7. Did u soak them first?

8. I use the paper towel method. Seeds pop open in about 12-24 hours. Plant them half inch under the soil white tip pointing down. 48 hours later they are above the soil with the round leaves opening up.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. no but gave them the finger pop test and all passed 

10. Hey I did the same after about a week I figured it was a dead seed but it was PK and the root was very strong. I had accidently ripped it out

11. This thread is over 10 years old. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1